- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
SA team for Turkey
- Updated: April 19, 2011
For the first time in many a year, South Africa will be fielding archers in all four major categories at the Second Stage of the Archery World Cup in Antalya, Turkey from 6-12 June.
The South African National Archery Association (SANAA) Executive on Tuesday announced the nine-strong team that will be representing South Africa .
The selection was made after verifying the eligibility of the athletes and establishing conformity to the Gold Squad Policy and SANAA rules.
Competing in the World Cup, which normally attracts the top archers in the world, and in which South Africa has earned medals, is being used as a pre-preparation tournament for the Archery World Championships which take place in Italy later in the year.
The team is made up of: Gabriel ┬áBadenhorst, ┬áSeppie Cilliers ┬áand Lloyd Reeders (compound), Calvin Hartley ┬áand William ┬áFrank (recurve), Karen Hultzer (recurve) and Lizeth de Wet, Jorina Coetzee and Ida Mostert (compound).
SANAA congratulates athletes on their selection.