- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Rain takes centre court
- Updated: April 15, 2011
Rain ruled the courts at the Soweto Open on Thursday with just over an hour’s tennis play possible at the Arthur Ashe centre.
Play was first postponed and then called off and the men’s quarter-final and doubles matches were postponed.
Also still be be completed are four women’s matches and a doubles quarter-final.
Top seed Anne Keothavong of England is 2-1 up in the third set of her match against Eirini Georgatou of Greece but second seed, Czech Petra Cetkovska, looks on course for victory against Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands, as she won the first set 7-6 (6) and is 5-1 up in the second.
In the women’s doubles, the South African duo of Surina de Beer and Chanel Simmonds took the first set against their opponents, Valeria Savinykh and Corinna Dentoni of Russia and Italy respectively, 6-1 and is 3-3 in the second.
Thursday’s incompleted scores:
 Anne Keothavong (GBR) leads Eirini Georgatou (GRE) 7-6 (3) 3-6 2-1
 Petra Cetkovska (CZE) leads Kiki Bertens (NED) 7-6 (6) 5-1
 Kathrin Woerle (GER) leads  Nina Bratchikova (RUS) 7-6 (5) 4-4
Valeria Savinykh (RUS) leads  Corinna Dentoni (ITA) 6-4 4-1
Surina de Beer (RSA)/Chanel Simmonds (RSA) lead Ana-Clara Duarte (BRA)/Teodora Mircic (SRB) 6-1 3-3