- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Willemse, Van der Vyver take titles
- Updated: April 6, 2011
Namibia’s Rezano Willemse and Free State’s Janke van der Vyver won the singles titles at the national Under-15 championships in Cape Town on Tuesday night.
Willemse won the boys final by beating Free State’s Bremmer Visser 21-13 21-17 and Van der Vyver beat fellow Free Stater Leandre Schoeman 21-14 21-11 to seal the girls title.
In the doubles finals, KwaZulu-Natal’s Brandon Nel and EGBA’s Michael Jennings teamed up to beat Bremmer Visser (Free State) and Bongani von Bodenstein (NWP) 16-21 29-27 21-16 in the boys category.
The girls doubles title went to the Free State duo of Van der Vyver and Leandre Schoeman. They beat Mari-Louis Vermaak (FS) and Chane van der Berg (WP) 21-16 21-15.
Finally, in the mixed doubles category it was Visser and Van der Vyver who teamed up to beat Nel and Vermaak 21-16 21-12.
Thursday evening sees the team categories being decided.