- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Willemse, Van der Vyver take titles
- Updated: April 6, 2011
Namibia’s Rezano Willemse and Free State’s Janke van der Vyver won the singles titles at the national Under-15 championships in Cape Town on Tuesday night.
Willemse won the boys final by beating Free State’s Bremmer Visser 21-13 21-17 and Van der Vyver beat fellow Free Stater Leandre Schoeman 21-14 21-11 to seal the girls title.
In the doubles finals, KwaZulu-Natal’s Brandon Nel and EGBA’s Michael Jennings teamed up to beat Bremmer Visser (Free State) and Bongani von Bodenstein (NWP) 16-21 29-27 21-16 in the boys category.
The girls doubles title went to the Free State duo of Van der Vyver and Leandre Schoeman. They beat Mari-Louis Vermaak (FS) and Chane van der Berg (WP) 21-16 21-15.
Finally, in the mixed doubles category it was Visser and Van der Vyver who teamed up to beat Nel and Vermaak 21-16 21-12.
Thursday evening sees the team categories being decided.