- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Willemse, Van der Vyver take titles
- Updated: April 6, 2011
Namibia’s Rezano Willemse and Free State’s Janke van der Vyver won the singles titles at the national Under-15 championships in Cape Town on Tuesday night.
Willemse won the boys final by beating Free State’s Bremmer Visser 21-13 21-17 and Van der Vyver beat fellow Free Stater Leandre Schoeman 21-14 21-11 to seal the girls title.
In the doubles finals, KwaZulu-Natal’s Brandon Nel and EGBA’s Michael Jennings teamed up to beat Bremmer Visser (Free State) and Bongani von Bodenstein (NWP) 16-21 29-27 21-16 in the boys category.
The girls doubles title went to the Free State duo of Van der Vyver and Leandre Schoeman. They beat Mari-Louis Vermaak (FS) and Chane van der Berg (WP) 21-16 21-15.
Finally, in the mixed doubles category it was Visser and Van der Vyver who teamed up to beat Nel and Vermaak 21-16 21-12.
Thursday evening sees the team categories being decided.