- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Willemse, Van der Vyver take titles
- Updated: April 6, 2011
Namibia’s Rezano Willemse and Free State’s Janke van der Vyver won the singles titles at the national Under-15 championships in Cape Town on Tuesday night.
Willemse won the boys final by beating Free State’s Bremmer Visser 21-13 21-17 and Van der Vyver beat fellow Free Stater Leandre Schoeman 21-14 21-11 to seal the girls title.
In the doubles finals, KwaZulu-Natal’s Brandon Nel and EGBA’s Michael Jennings teamed up to beat Bremmer Visser (Free State) and Bongani von Bodenstein (NWP) 16-21 29-27 21-16 in the boys category.
The girls doubles title went to the Free State duo of Van der Vyver and Leandre Schoeman. They beat Mari-Louis Vermaak (FS) and Chane van der Berg (WP) 21-16 21-15.
Finally, in the mixed doubles category it was Visser and Van der Vyver who teamed up to beat Nel and Vermaak 21-16 21-12.
Thursday evening sees the team categories being decided.