- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
AfricanX show must go on
- Updated: March 24, 2011
Although saddened by the devastation caused by the veldfires in the Kleinmond area during the past week, event organisers are positive that the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun will go ahead as planned over the weekend of 6ÔÇô8 May 2011.
According to race director Pieter Du Plessis the fire damage experienced in the area will not affect the running of the 2011 event.┬áÔÇ£Stage One of the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun was not affected by the fire, however Stage Two and Three routes were not so lucky.┬á We are positive that irrespective of the fire damage incurred, the routes will not need to undergo major changes.
“Hendrico Burger and I will conduct a full route inspection later this week.┬áWe do, however, request that runners do not run the route in the next few weeks to prevent further route damage from being inflicted,ÔÇØ says Du Plessis.
According to Michael Meyer, director of Stillwater Sport & Entertainment and a Kleinmond resident, the company hosts a number of world class events in and around Kleinmond because of the pristine beauty of the area.┬á ÔÇ£I would like to express the company’s sincerest appreciation to the fire marshals and local authorities involved in distinguishing the Kleinmond fire.
“The commitment and determination of these individuals was overwhelming and inspiring.┬á I would like all involved to know that their hard work has not gone unnoticed and that they are truly appreciated.┬á In light of this tragedy I would like to reassure all ProNutro AfricanX athletes that the race will go on.┬á Our team is working hard to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all,ÔÇØ says Meyer.
The three-day race features teams of two (male, female or mixed). Kleinmond is the finish of each day’s events. Day one features a 23.7km run with 599 metres of elevation, day two is the longest run (43.3km with 952m elevation) and the final stage is 21.5km with 452m of elevation.
Teams are limited to 250 and a limited number of slots are still available. For further information contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086┬á138 3591, email [email protected] or visit www.stillwatersports.com.