- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
House cleans up
- Updated: February 27, 2011
Fresh from Europe, Team Rapha Condor-Sharp added their own sense of heat to the tour in a scorching 40 degree Paarl on Saturday at the seventh and final stage of the Cell C Tour of South Africa when Kristian House was announced overall Tour winner.
The 104 kilometre, 10-lap circuit stage opened with a one lap neutral start.
As the peloton entered Main street, Shaun Nick Bester launched an unsuccessful attack which lasted for 500m until he was reeled back in by the pack, reports Sapa.
The third lap saw the first major breakaway of the day take place around Paarl when a nine-man group broke clear of the leading pack, holding Sven van den Houte, Kevin Reza. Daniel Teklehaimanot, Waylon Woolcock, Richard Baxter, Nic White, Kevin Evans, Ian McLeod and Peter Seyffert.
MTN Qhubeka and Team Rapha Condor-Sharp were chasing from the peloton as they had no teammates in the breakaway group.
The gap stayed at around two minutes for about four laps when the peloton closed the 41 second advantage bringing the race back together preparing for exciting sprint finish.
Team D’Angelo & Antenucci-Nippo took its third win of the tour, the stage seven winner being Bernado Riccio followed by Maartijn Verschoor and Yohann Gene in second and third respectively
1 Bernardo Riccio (DAN) 2hr 24min 01sec, ÔÇ¿2 Maartijn Verschoor (TT1) same timeÔÇ¿, 3 Yohann Gene (EUC) stÔÇ¿, 4 Andr├® Schulze (CCC) stÔÇ¿, 5 Arran Brown (MTN) RSA st, ÔÇ¿6 Herman Fouche (DCM) stÔÇ¿, 7 Jempy Drucker (VWA) stÔÇ¿, 8 Vojtech Hacecky (CZE) st, ÔÇ¿9 Johann Rabie (BNT) st, ÔÇ¿10 Milan Kadlec (CZE) st
1 Kristian House (RCS) 21hr 35min 16secÔÇ¿, 2 Johann Rabie (BNT) at 2:09ÔÇ¿, 3 Daryl Impey (MTN) at 2:11ÔÇ¿, 4 Perrig Quemeneur (EUC) st, 5 Thomas Degand (VWA) stÔÇ¿, 6 Jacques Janse van Rensburg (VMC) at 2:18ÔÇ¿, 7 David George (LIF) at 2:22ÔÇ¿, 8 Jonathan Tiernan-Locke (RCS) at 2:28ÔÇ¿, 9 Darren Lill (DCM) at 2:36, 10 Milan Kadlec (CZE) at 2:57