- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
More aid for Baby Jake
- Updated: February 25, 2011
In ongoing efforts to ensure the well-being and recovery of our former world champion boxer Baby Jake Matlala, the trustees of the Baby Jake Matlala Trust recently met, and are now in a position to take the Trust forward.
The object of the Trust is to ensure that Baby Jake’s current and future medical expenses are provided for. The Trust was set up to administer the public funds raised in order to assist Baby Jake in regard to his medical expenses incurred during these difficult times experienced by him as a result of his poor health.
The funds raised at the recent benefit evening will be used to pay those service providers┬á who have rendered medical services to him, and also hopefully to ensure that his current and future medical needs are taken care of.
The Trust also intends approaching the Minister of Sport and Recreation, Mr Fikile Mbalula, as well as Boxing South Africa, to engage them on the idea of a similar concept being established to aid those less fortunate boxers who have also served the sport but have fallen on hard times due to illness, and who could also benefit from a similar Trust.
Trust members will soon be meeting with the office of the Registrar of Companies to finalise the Trust Deed, as well as engaging the relevant medical service providers once their accounts have been received, to determine the way forward in respect of monies due to them.