- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Simko, Emery dominate
- Updated: February 22, 2011
Slovakia’s Pavel Simko and Diane Emery were too strong for a classy field at the 2011 Buffelspoort Ultra Triathlon at the weekend. Both had convincing wins with Simko almost 12 minutes ahead of Peter John Delmont and Emery winning the women’s race by virtually the same time.
Covering the 1.9 kilometre swim in 27min 26sec, Simko was first out of the water with a six second lead over Charl Keet. Once on the 90km bike leg though, Keet would start to fade and Peter John-Delmont, Ross McEwan and Charles Naude would try to catch the flying Simko. That did not happen though, and Simko further opened the gap with a 1:27:7 split for the 21km run.
Emery was second out of the water behind Samantha Ferriera, but the 90sec gap Ferreira had over Emery was not nearly enough. Emery powered past her on the bike and further drew away from Ferreira on the run to finish in 4:44:30 for a sixth place overall. Ferreira came in 12 minutes later, just missing out on a top ten overall position ÔÇô she finished 11th.
1 Pavel Simko┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:17:51
2 Peter John Delmont┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:29:07
3 Ross McEwan┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:35:15
1 Diane Emery┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:44:30
2 Samantha Ferreira┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:52:22
3 Kathryn Du Buisson┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á ┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á┬á 4:55:54