- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
SA teams start as favourites
- Updated: February 22, 2011
South Africa’s men and women’s volleyball teams will start as favourites in the Zone 6 Qualifier for the 2011 All Africa Games (AAG) which takes place at the Tongaat Sports Centre in Kwa-Zulu Natal from February 27 to March 5.
Joining hosts South Africa in what promises to be a hotly contested championship, will be Botswana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland and Mozambique.
Only the winning men and women’s teams will represent Zone 6 at the All Africa Games Finals in Mozambique later this year.
Matches will be played from 2pm to 8pm daily.
The 3rd place play-offs and finals are scheduled for Saturday, March 5.