- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
- Paralympian Ferreira on the mend and targeting nationals
- Hoffman stars but track champs are marred by tragedy
- Fumic, Avancini on the double at Cape Epic
- Poor health can’t stop Dalle Ave breaking new ground
- Zazini blitzes to 400m hurdles world youth best
Fifth spot for Heinrich Barnes
- Updated: February 15, 2011
OPEX programme wrestler Heinrich Barnes placed fifth in the annual Dave Schultz Memorial competition in Colorado Springs, California.
Barnes, silver medallist in last year’s Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India, won three bouts and lost two.
In his first bout he beat Pedro Soto Cordero of Puerto Rico, winning 3-0 and 5-2.
He then beat Canada’s Ryan Lue in three rounds, 0-3 4-0 7-1. Then followed a 6-1 3-1 win over America’s Phillip Simpson.
His last two fights ended in defeat to Kohei Fujimoto of Japan (0-1 5-5) and Chase Pami of the United States 5-2 2-2 3-2.