- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Silver and bronze for SA in Uganda
- Updated: January 19, 2011
South African representatives won silver and bronze medals at the recent Inter-Continental schools championships in Uganda.
South Africa was represented by Durban High School (SA Champions in the boys category) and Fichardt Park (SA champions in the girls section) at the Kampala event.
Both our teams managed to qualify for the semi-finals (play-off part of the tournament). The boys lost against Mauritius in the semi-final while Uganda beat Kenya in the other leg. Our girls managed to beat Uganda B in the semi-final of the girls section, whilst Uganda A beat Kenya in the other leg of the girls semi-finals.
In the finals Uganda (an up and coming force in African badminton) proved to be too strong when they won both boys and girls sections, beating Mauritius 3-2 in the boys final and South Africa 3-0 in the girls final.
Our athletes gained valuable exposure and experience and improved on the two bronze medals they won in Mauritius in 2009.
The 2011 SA High Schools Championships is scheduled in Bloemfontein from 6-9 August whilst South Africa will host the All Africa Schools Championships from 12ÔÇô17 December 2011.