- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Rik takes on top seed
- Updated: January 13, 2011
First round victor Rik de Voest now takes on top-seeded qualifer Blaz Kavcic in the second round of qualifying for the Australian Open tennis tournament in Melbourne.
De Voest beat American Michael McCune in straight sets earlier this week and now plays Kavcic who needed three sets to beat Aussie Benjamin Mitchell in the tough bid to make the main draw of the season’s first Grand Slam, writes Mark Etheridge.
“It’s has been raining here for the most part, but at least I managed to get my first match in, which I won 3 and 2,” said De Voest from Melbourne. “I played solid and smart and feel good about my game. I have a day off before playing my second round qualifying against the number one seed.
“Depending on what happens in Australia I will then head to Singapore for one more challenger event starting the 23rd of January, before heading back to Joburg for the SA Open.”