- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Rik takes on top seed
- Updated: January 13, 2011
First round victor Rik de Voest now takes on top-seeded qualifer Blaz Kavcic in the second round of qualifying for the Australian Open tennis tournament in Melbourne.
De Voest beat American Michael McCune in straight sets earlier this week and now plays Kavcic who needed three sets to beat Aussie Benjamin Mitchell in the tough bid to make the main draw of the season’s first Grand Slam, writes Mark Etheridge.
“It’s has been raining here for the most part, but at least I managed to get my first match in, which I won 3 and 2,” said De Voest from Melbourne. “I played solid and smart and feel good about my game. I have a day off before playing my second round qualifying against the number one seed.
“Depending on what happens in Australia I will then head to Singapore for one more challenger event starting the 23rd of January, before heading back to Joburg for the SA Open.”