- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Kevin reaches quarters
- Updated: January 5, 2011
Kevin Anderson marched into the quarter-finals of the Brisbane International tennis tournament in Australia on Wednesday.
Having beaten local qualifier Peter Luczak in straight sets on Tuesday, our top-ranked player raised the bar to beat sixth seed Feliciano Lopez, also in straight sets.
The final score was 6-3 6-1 and the match, played on court two, lasted four minutes less than an hour.
Anderson served up 15 aces to the Spaniard’s six and recorded just one double fault in his victory.
In Lopez’s defence was the fact that he had already withdrawn from the doubles competition on Monday, suffering from a virus and was clearly not in top shape.
Anderson will now come up against Colombia’s Santiago Giraldo in the quarter-finals. It should be a good match-up with Anderson ranked 61st and Giraldo just three places lower on the list.