- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Herman hits the mark
- Updated: December 21, 2010
Sixteen-year-old Herman Fourie is hitting the mark when it comes to making a name for himself on the archery scene.
A scholar at Sentraal High School, Bloemfontein and a member of the South African National Indoor and Field Archery Association (SANIFAA), Fourie recently returned from Germany where he obtained a gold medal at the 2010 IFAA World Field Archery Championships in the Junior Male Freestyle Recurve style.
But that’s not the only success he’s had this year. Away from the archery range, in November this year, he was awarded the 2010 Junior Sport Star of the Year Trophy at the Radio Rose Stad annual sport awards evening in Bloemfontein.
Things got better still when he was recently also awarded a medal for being one of the Free State Top 10 Junior Sport Stars of Year at the annual Free State Sport Media’s Sport Star of the Year banquet.