- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Herman hits the mark
- Updated: December 21, 2010
Sixteen-year-old Herman Fourie is hitting the mark when it comes to making a name for himself on the archery scene.
A scholar at Sentraal High School, Bloemfontein and a member of the South African National Indoor and Field Archery Association (SANIFAA), Fourie recently returned from Germany where he obtained a gold medal at the 2010 IFAA World Field Archery Championships in the Junior Male Freestyle Recurve style.
But that’s not the only success he’s had this year. Away from the archery range, in November this year, he was awarded the 2010 Junior Sport Star of the Year Trophy at the Radio Rose Stad annual sport awards evening in Bloemfontein.
Things got better still when he was recently also awarded a medal for being one of the Free State Top 10 Junior Sport Stars of Year at the annual Free State Sport Media’s Sport Star of the Year banquet.