- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Herman hits the mark
- Updated: December 21, 2010
Sixteen-year-old Herman Fourie is hitting the mark when it comes to making a name for himself on the archery scene.
A scholar at Sentraal High School, Bloemfontein and a member of the South African National Indoor and Field Archery Association (SANIFAA), Fourie recently returned from Germany where he obtained a gold medal at the 2010 IFAA World Field Archery Championships in the Junior Male Freestyle Recurve style.
But that’s not the only success he’s had this year. Away from the archery range, in November this year, he was awarded the 2010 Junior Sport Star of the Year Trophy at the Radio Rose Stad annual sport awards evening in Bloemfontein.
Things got better still when he was recently also awarded a medal for being one of the Free State Top 10 Junior Sport Stars of Year at the annual Free State Sport Media’s Sport Star of the Year banquet.