- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Herman hits the mark
- Updated: December 21, 2010
Sixteen-year-old Herman Fourie is hitting the mark when it comes to making a name for himself on the archery scene.
A scholar at Sentraal High School, Bloemfontein and a member of the South African National Indoor and Field Archery Association (SANIFAA), Fourie recently returned from Germany where he obtained a gold medal at the 2010 IFAA World Field Archery Championships in the Junior Male Freestyle Recurve style.
But that’s not the only success he’s had this year. Away from the archery range, in November this year, he was awarded the 2010 Junior Sport Star of the Year Trophy at the Radio Rose Stad annual sport awards evening in Bloemfontein.
Things got better still when he was recently also awarded a medal for being one of the Free State Top 10 Junior Sport Stars of Year at the annual Free State Sport Media’s Sport Star of the Year banquet.