- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
The President’s Voice — Gideon Sam
- Updated: December 11, 2010
Since my last message I’ve had a very fruitful meeting with our tertiary institutions in Stellenbosch to firm up the working relationship between them and SASCOC, in the lead-up to London, 2012.
It’s an ongoing process but basically the meeting looked at how the tertiary institutions can help with SA sport across the board right through from development to high performance.
We continue to engage all our federations in ensuring that our athletes are informed in time of the requirements for selection for London 2012.
We also hosted a hugely successful IOC conference recently in Durban. There was non-stop activity from start to finish but in the final analysis it will give us many ideas and suggestions, especially regarding the youth of the country.
Right now I’m in┬á Swaziland, venue for the Zone VI Games for our Under-20 athletes.
I know it’s traditionally holiday time for these youngsters but it’s only a week and also very important for both them and us to use these sort of opportunities to gain invaluable experience of competing away from home and also for broadening horizons.