- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SA team settle in
- Updated: December 10, 2010
A day out from the opening ceremony and Team South Africa are getting familiar with their surroundings at the Zone VI Games in Swaziland.
Initial worries about accommodation for these Under-20 Games are constantly being addressed as the team move around their University of Swaziland hostel accommodation.
Said project manager Kaya Majeke on Friday: “Sure, there were a few initial concerns which are to be expected but the Swazi organisers are doing everything they can to assist and are being very helpful.
“On our arrival there was a problem with pillows but these have now been sorted out with team members receiving brand new pillows. Also, things like no globes and the odd missing tap in the ablution areas have been fixed.
“Accreditation issues have also by and large been resolved. The well-being of our entire team continues at all times to be paramount for SASCOC during the duration of the Games.”
A faulty lock saw one member of the administration staff locking himself in his room but maintenance staff were on the scene within minutes and the problem resolved.
The Games start on 11 December and end on 19 December.