- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
SA team settle in
- Updated: December 10, 2010
A day out from the opening ceremony and Team South Africa are getting familiar with their surroundings at the Zone VI Games in Swaziland.
Initial worries about accommodation for these Under-20 Games are constantly being addressed as the team move around their University of Swaziland hostel accommodation.
Said project manager Kaya Majeke on Friday: “Sure, there were a few initial concerns which are to be expected but the Swazi organisers are doing everything they can to assist and are being very helpful.
“On our arrival there was a problem with pillows but these have now been sorted out with team members receiving brand new pillows. Also, things like no globes and the odd missing tap in the ablution areas have been fixed.
“Accreditation issues have also by and large been resolved. The well-being of our entire team continues at all times to be paramount for SASCOC during the duration of the Games.”
A faulty lock saw one member of the administration staff locking himself in his room but maintenance staff were on the scene within minutes and the problem resolved.
The Games start on 11 December and end on 19 December.