- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Xterra doubles up as nationals
- Updated: December 7, 2010
The popular Xterra race in Grabouw on 26 February, 2011 will double as the SA Cross Triathlon Championships. The race will also be a selection race for the ITU Cross Triathlon Championships on 30 April 2011 in Spain.
Xterra has become one of the most popular forms of triathlon over the years both in South Africa and on the international circuit and South Africa boasts a number of the world’s best athletes at this type of racing. Conrad Stoltz and Dan Hugo are seasoned campaigners on the world circuit where Stoltz recently became the first ever athlete to claim 4 World Xterra titles.
TSA President, Dr Debbie Alexander, ÔÇ£South Africans love sport and the outdoors and the Xterra brand provides the perfect opportunity for combining the two. Stillwater Sports Management has done a great job showcasing and developing off-road triathlons over the years and it is therefore fitting that we join forces to host the first ever SA Cross Triathlon Championships and selection race.
“Another first will be the awarding of Protea Colours to Elite participants (TSA members) that qualify for participation at the ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships in 2011.ÔÇØ