- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Dednams deliver the goods in Tshwane
- Updated: December 7, 2010
Local players came up trumps in the doubles category in the recently completed SA International badminton tournament played in Tshwane.
Chris and Roelof Dednam beat fellow South Africans Dorian James and Wiaan Viljoen in the men’s doubles, coming up trumps 21-14 21-18 at the Tshwane Showgrounds venue.
And in the mixed doubles Chris Dednam teamed up with Annari Viljoen to beat Dorian James and Michelle Edwards (also both from SA) 21-14 20-21 21-13.
Our women’s doubles combination also reached the final where they went down 21-12 21-15 to the Turkish pair of Bayrak Ozke and Oznur Calaskan.
The individual men’s and women’s titles went to foreign competitors. Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi beat Juma Muwowo of Zambia 21-6 21-8 to take the men’s title and then Italy’s Agnese Allegrini beat Ozke Bayrak of Turkey in the womens’ singles final, 14-21 21-11 21-10.