- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Dednams deliver the goods in Tshwane
- Updated: December 7, 2010
Local players came up trumps in the doubles category in the recently completed SA International badminton tournament played in Tshwane.
Chris and Roelof Dednam beat fellow South Africans Dorian James and Wiaan Viljoen in the men’s doubles, coming up trumps 21-14 21-18 at the Tshwane Showgrounds venue.
And in the mixed doubles Chris Dednam teamed up with Annari Viljoen to beat Dorian James and Michelle Edwards (also both from SA) 21-14 20-21 21-13.
Our women’s doubles combination also reached the final where they went down 21-12 21-15 to the Turkish pair of Bayrak Ozke and Oznur Calaskan.
The individual men’s and women’s titles went to foreign competitors. Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi beat Juma Muwowo of Zambia 21-6 21-8 to take the men’s title and then Italy’s Agnese Allegrini beat Ozke Bayrak of Turkey in the womens’ singles final, 14-21 21-11 21-10.