- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Dednams deliver the goods in Tshwane
- Updated: December 7, 2010
Local players came up trumps in the doubles category in the recently completed SA International badminton tournament played in Tshwane.
Chris and Roelof Dednam beat fellow South Africans Dorian James and Wiaan Viljoen in the men’s doubles, coming up trumps 21-14 21-18 at the Tshwane Showgrounds venue.
And in the mixed doubles Chris Dednam teamed up with Annari Viljoen to beat Dorian James and Michelle Edwards (also both from SA) 21-14 20-21 21-13.
Our women’s doubles combination also reached the final where they went down 21-12 21-15 to the Turkish pair of Bayrak Ozke and Oznur Calaskan.
The individual men’s and women’s titles went to foreign competitors. Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi beat Juma Muwowo of Zambia 21-6 21-8 to take the men’s title and then Italy’s Agnese Allegrini beat Ozke Bayrak of Turkey in the womens’ singles final, 14-21 21-11 21-10.