- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Dednams deliver the goods in Tshwane
- Updated: December 7, 2010
Local players came up trumps in the doubles category in the recently completed SA International badminton tournament played in Tshwane.
Chris and Roelof Dednam beat fellow South Africans Dorian James and Wiaan Viljoen in the men’s doubles, coming up trumps 21-14 21-18 at the Tshwane Showgrounds venue.
And in the mixed doubles Chris Dednam teamed up with Annari Viljoen to beat Dorian James and Michelle Edwards (also both from SA) 21-14 20-21 21-13.
Our women’s doubles combination also reached the final where they went down 21-12 21-15 to the Turkish pair of Bayrak Ozke and Oznur Calaskan.
The individual men’s and women’s titles went to foreign competitors. Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi beat Juma Muwowo of Zambia 21-6 21-8 to take the men’s title and then Italy’s Agnese Allegrini beat Ozke Bayrak of Turkey in the womens’ singles final, 14-21 21-11 21-10.