- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Dednams deliver the goods in Tshwane
- Updated: December 7, 2010
Local players came up trumps in the doubles category in the recently completed SA International badminton tournament played in Tshwane.
Chris and Roelof Dednam beat fellow South Africans Dorian James and Wiaan Viljoen in the men’s doubles, coming up trumps 21-14 21-18 at the Tshwane Showgrounds venue.
And in the mixed doubles Chris Dednam teamed up with Annari Viljoen to beat Dorian James and Michelle Edwards (also both from SA) 21-14 20-21 21-13.
Our women’s doubles combination also reached the final where they went down 21-12 21-15 to the Turkish pair of Bayrak Ozke and Oznur Calaskan.
The individual men’s and women’s titles went to foreign competitors. Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi beat Juma Muwowo of Zambia 21-6 21-8 to take the men’s title and then Italy’s Agnese Allegrini beat Ozke Bayrak of Turkey in the womens’ singles final, 14-21 21-11 21-10.