- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
Wolfaardt wins in Zim
- Updated: November 22, 2010
Erhard Wolfaardt continued his rich vein of from by winning the Troutbeck ITU Triathlon African Cup in Zimbabwe on Sunday.
Wolfaardt has been in impressive form of late, having won all but one of the five BSG/Energade Sprint Triathlons in the last two months. More telling though as to his current form was Sunday’s win over the Olympic distance.
Wolfaardt was always in control of the race, emerging from the 1500m swim with Lawrence Fanous (Jordan), Morocco’s Medhi Essadiq and Zimbabwe’s Christopher Felgate. But from there on the South African had total control.
Breaking away on the bike leg, Wolfaardt built up a big enough lead over the 40km to ÔÇ£take it easyÔÇØ on the 10km run to cross the line in 2hr 05min 59sec for the victory. Behind him came Christopher Felgate and Brasil’s Mauro Cavanha Conceicao.
The win is a solid ÔÇ£curtain raiserÔÇØ for Wolfaardt as he heads up the South African Challenge for the Pretoria-Tshwane ITU Triathlon African Cup this Sunday.
1 Erhard Wolfaardt SA (19:28 swim ÔÇô 1:09:29 bike ÔÇô 35:52 run) 2hr 05min 59sec combined time
2 Chris Felgate ZIM (19:33 ÔÇô 1:10:32 ÔÇô 35:09) 2:06:29
3 Mauro Conceicao BRA (21:04 ÔÇô 1:09:57 ÔÇô 35:31) 2:07:50