- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
Ten stars of 2010
- Updated: November 10, 2010
The 10 athletes in line for 2010 IAAF World Athlete of the Year have been announced in Monte Carlo.
Track and field’s governing body, the IAAF, on Wednesday added the five female athletes to the men’s list named on Tuesday.
The women athletes are all from five different countries: Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jamaica), Milach Chemos Cheywa (Kenya), Jessica Ennis (Gbr), Allyson Felix (US) and Blanka Vlasic (Cro).
Of the five male nominees, two are from the US. The five are: Tyson Gay (US), David Oliver (US), David Rudisha (Ken), Zersenay Tades (Eri) and Andreas Thorkildsen (Nor).
Men’s and women’s winners will be announced live during the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on 21 November, 2010.