- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Ten stars of 2010
- Updated: November 10, 2010
The 10 athletes in line for 2010 IAAF World Athlete of the Year have been announced in Monte Carlo.
Track and field’s governing body, the IAAF, on Wednesday added the five female athletes to the men’s list named on Tuesday.
The women athletes are all from five different countries: Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jamaica), Milach Chemos Cheywa (Kenya), Jessica Ennis (Gbr), Allyson Felix (US) and Blanka Vlasic (Cro).
Of the five male nominees, two are from the US. The five are: Tyson Gay (US), David Oliver (US), David Rudisha (Ken), Zersenay Tades (Eri) and Andreas Thorkildsen (Nor).
Men’s and women’s winners will be announced live during the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on 21 November, 2010.