- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Ten stars of 2010
- Updated: November 10, 2010
The 10 athletes in line for 2010 IAAF World Athlete of the Year have been announced in Monte Carlo.
Track and field’s governing body, the IAAF, on Wednesday added the five female athletes to the men’s list named on Tuesday.
The women athletes are all from five different countries: Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jamaica), Milach Chemos Cheywa (Kenya), Jessica Ennis (Gbr), Allyson Felix (US) and Blanka Vlasic (Cro).
Of the five male nominees, two are from the US. The five are: Tyson Gay (US), David Oliver (US), David Rudisha (Ken), Zersenay Tades (Eri) and Andreas Thorkildsen (Nor).
Men’s and women’s winners will be announced live during the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on 21 November, 2010.