- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
Ten stars of 2010
- Updated: November 10, 2010
The 10 athletes in line for 2010 IAAF World Athlete of the Year have been announced in Monte Carlo.
Track and field’s governing body, the IAAF, on Wednesday added the five female athletes to the men’s list named on Tuesday.
The women athletes are all from five different countries: Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jamaica), Milach Chemos Cheywa (Kenya), Jessica Ennis (Gbr), Allyson Felix (US) and Blanka Vlasic (Cro).
Of the five male nominees, two are from the US. The five are: Tyson Gay (US), David Oliver (US), David Rudisha (Ken), Zersenay Tades (Eri) and Andreas Thorkildsen (Nor).
Men’s and women’s winners will be announced live during the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on 21 November, 2010.