- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Ten stars of 2010
- Updated: November 10, 2010
The 10 athletes in line for 2010 IAAF World Athlete of the Year have been announced in Monte Carlo.
Track and field’s governing body, the IAAF, on Wednesday added the five female athletes to the men’s list named on Tuesday.
The women athletes are all from five different countries: Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jamaica), Milach Chemos Cheywa (Kenya), Jessica Ennis (Gbr), Allyson Felix (US) and Blanka Vlasic (Cro).
Of the five male nominees, two are from the US. The five are: Tyson Gay (US), David Oliver (US), David Rudisha (Ken), Zersenay Tades (Eri) and Andreas Thorkildsen (Nor).
Men’s and women’s winners will be announced live during the World Athletics Gala in Monaco on 21 November, 2010.