- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Calling all multi-sport athletes
- Updated: November 1, 2010
Entries have opened for one of South Africa’s most exhilarating and much-loved multi sport events, the Totalsports Challenge presented by New Balance and Powerade.
Starting in Gordon’s Bay on Saturday 8 January 2011, sport enthusiasts can choose between the seven-discipline Totalsports Challenge or the less daunting four-discipline Totalsports Terra Firma Challenge.
According to Dezroy Poole, Race Director, the Totalsports Challenge is a fun event that can be enjoyed by athletes of all skill levels. ÔÇ£Although we do have our serious athletes competing on the day, the Totalsports Challenge also attracts a large number of social athletes whose main aim is to have fun with family and friends.
“For these athletes the team category of the Totalsports Challenge or even the Totalsports Terra Firma Challenge is the ideal event of choice.┬áIn the past we’ve seen team entries include the likes of professional athletes such as Christoph Sauser, Burry Stander, Conrad Stoltz, Kevin Evans and Warren Petterson.┬áIt really is a treat watching these stars in action.┬á We trust that all finishers will go home with a feeling of great accomplishment on the day,ÔÇØ says Poole.
The Totalsports Challenge starts at 6am and the Terra Firma Challenge at 7.45am. The main event features a 12km surfski, 1.5km swim, 50km road bike (from Gordon’s Bay to Kleinmond), 13km road run, 13km K1 canoe, 25km mountain bike and finally a 9km beach run. The Terra Firma is a 50km road bike (From Gordon’s Bay to Kleinmond, 13km road run, 25km mountain bike and 9km beach run.
The main event can be tackled individually or in teams of two , three or seven (male, female and mixed) and the Terra Firm also individually or in teams of two or four (male, female or mixed).
Enter online:┬áwww.totalsports.co.za and for more event information contact Top Events at 021 511-7130.