- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Nath, Gallichan crowned champions
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Prakash Nath and Kim Gallichan were the individual winners at the recent national Under-17 championships and interprovincial tournament in Cape Town.
Southern Gauteng’s Nath beat Andries Malan of Boland in the boys final while Gallichan (KwaZulu-Natal) beat provincial teammate Demi Botha in the girls final.
Teams from 13 provinces took part in the championships with 79 competitors in the boys singles and 76 in the girls singles competition.
Boys doubles winners were Nath and Malan who teamed up for victory while in the women’s doubles beaten finalist Botha teamed up with Western Province’s Lee-Ann de Wet. The mixed doubles title went to Malan and De Wet.
The national Under-17 gradings are as follows:
1 Andries Malan (Boland)
2 Prakash Nath (SGBA)
3 Renechan Naidoo (KZN)
4 Cameron Coetzer (Border)
5 Frederik Swanepoel (NFS)
6 Anoop Nair (Border), Kyle Jacobs (WP)
1 Lee-Ann de Wet WP
2 Kim Gallichan KZN
3 Demi Botha KZN
4 Rachel Pigott KZN
5 Jamie Bailey WP
6 Kanupe Roberts (Sedibeng), Anri Schoonees (Boland)