- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Nath, Gallichan crowned champions
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Prakash Nath and Kim Gallichan were the individual winners at the recent national Under-17 championships and interprovincial tournament in Cape Town.
Southern Gauteng’s Nath beat Andries Malan of Boland in the boys final while Gallichan (KwaZulu-Natal) beat provincial teammate Demi Botha in the girls final.
Teams from 13 provinces took part in the championships with 79 competitors in the boys singles and 76 in the girls singles competition.
Boys doubles winners were Nath and Malan who teamed up for victory while in the women’s doubles beaten finalist Botha teamed up with Western Province’s Lee-Ann de Wet. The mixed doubles title went to Malan and De Wet.
The national Under-17 gradings are as follows:
1 Andries Malan (Boland)
2 Prakash Nath (SGBA)
3 Renechan Naidoo (KZN)
4 Cameron Coetzer (Border)
5 Frederik Swanepoel (NFS)
6 Anoop Nair (Border), Kyle Jacobs (WP)
1 Lee-Ann de Wet WP
2 Kim Gallichan KZN
3 Demi Botha KZN
4 Rachel Pigott KZN
5 Jamie Bailey WP
6 Kanupe Roberts (Sedibeng), Anri Schoonees (Boland)