- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Nath, Gallichan crowned champions
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Prakash Nath and Kim Gallichan were the individual winners at the recent national Under-17 championships and interprovincial tournament in Cape Town.
Southern Gauteng’s Nath beat Andries Malan of Boland in the boys final while Gallichan (KwaZulu-Natal) beat provincial teammate Demi Botha in the girls final.
Teams from 13 provinces took part in the championships with 79 competitors in the boys singles and 76 in the girls singles competition.
Boys doubles winners were Nath and Malan who teamed up for victory while in the women’s doubles beaten finalist Botha teamed up with Western Province’s Lee-Ann de Wet. The mixed doubles title went to Malan and De Wet.
The national Under-17 gradings are as follows:
1 Andries Malan (Boland)
2 Prakash Nath (SGBA)
3 Renechan Naidoo (KZN)
4 Cameron Coetzer (Border)
5 Frederik Swanepoel (NFS)
6 Anoop Nair (Border), Kyle Jacobs (WP)
1 Lee-Ann de Wet WP
2 Kim Gallichan KZN
3 Demi Botha KZN
4 Rachel Pigott KZN
5 Jamie Bailey WP
6 Kanupe Roberts (Sedibeng), Anri Schoonees (Boland)