- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Nath, Gallichan crowned champions
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Prakash Nath and Kim Gallichan were the individual winners at the recent national Under-17 championships and interprovincial tournament in Cape Town.
Southern Gauteng’s Nath beat Andries Malan of Boland in the boys final while Gallichan (KwaZulu-Natal) beat provincial teammate Demi Botha in the girls final.
Teams from 13 provinces took part in the championships with 79 competitors in the boys singles and 76 in the girls singles competition.
Boys doubles winners were Nath and Malan who teamed up for victory while in the women’s doubles beaten finalist Botha teamed up with Western Province’s Lee-Ann de Wet. The mixed doubles title went to Malan and De Wet.
The national Under-17 gradings are as follows:
1 Andries Malan (Boland)
2 Prakash Nath (SGBA)
3 Renechan Naidoo (KZN)
4 Cameron Coetzer (Border)
5 Frederik Swanepoel (NFS)
6 Anoop Nair (Border), Kyle Jacobs (WP)
1 Lee-Ann de Wet WP
2 Kim Gallichan KZN
3 Demi Botha KZN
4 Rachel Pigott KZN
5 Jamie Bailey WP
6 Kanupe Roberts (Sedibeng), Anri Schoonees (Boland)