- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Nath, Gallichan crowned champions
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Prakash Nath and Kim Gallichan were the individual winners at the recent national Under-17 championships and interprovincial tournament in Cape Town.
Southern Gauteng’s Nath beat Andries Malan of Boland in the boys final while Gallichan (KwaZulu-Natal) beat provincial teammate Demi Botha in the girls final.
Teams from 13 provinces took part in the championships with 79 competitors in the boys singles and 76 in the girls singles competition.
Boys doubles winners were Nath and Malan who teamed up for victory while in the women’s doubles beaten finalist Botha teamed up with Western Province’s Lee-Ann de Wet. The mixed doubles title went to Malan and De Wet.
The national Under-17 gradings are as follows:
1 Andries Malan (Boland)
2 Prakash Nath (SGBA)
3 Renechan Naidoo (KZN)
4 Cameron Coetzer (Border)
5 Frederik Swanepoel (NFS)
6 Anoop Nair (Border), Kyle Jacobs (WP)
1 Lee-Ann de Wet WP
2 Kim Gallichan KZN
3 Demi Botha KZN
4 Rachel Pigott KZN
5 Jamie Bailey WP
6 Kanupe Roberts (Sedibeng), Anri Schoonees (Boland)