- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Chani misses main draw
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Our top-ranked women’s singles player Chanelle Scheepers failed to make the main draw of the Luxembourg Open tournament this week.
Seeded eighth in the qualifying draw, she tasted initial success when she beat Caroline Garcia of France 3-6 6-3 6-2.
Garcia is currently ranked 312th on the WTA rankings, compared to Scheepers’ 108th spot. Earlier this year Scheepers had progressed to the fourth round of the French Open in Paris.
In her second round qualifying clash Scheepers went down 7-5 1-6 3-6 to local lass Anne Kremer, ranked 175th and Luxembourg’s second highest ranked player.
It didn’t get much better for Scheepers in the doubles qualifying as she and France’s Aurelie Vedy went down 6-4 3-6 5-10 to the wildcard combination of former top 10 player Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) and Belgium’s Yanina Wickmayer.