- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Chani misses main draw
- Updated: October 21, 2010
Our top-ranked women’s singles player Chanelle Scheepers failed to make the main draw of the Luxembourg Open tournament this week.
Seeded eighth in the qualifying draw, she tasted initial success when she beat Caroline Garcia of France 3-6 6-3 6-2.
Garcia is currently ranked 312th on the WTA rankings, compared to Scheepers’ 108th spot. Earlier this year Scheepers had progressed to the fourth round of the French Open in Paris.
In her second round qualifying clash Scheepers went down 7-5 1-6 3-6 to local lass Anne Kremer, ranked 175th and Luxembourg’s second highest ranked player.
It didn’t get much better for Scheepers in the doubles qualifying as she and France’s Aurelie Vedy went down 6-4 3-6 5-10 to the wildcard combination of former top 10 player Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) and Belgium’s Yanina Wickmayer.