- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Anderson out in first round
- Updated: October 13, 2010
Kevin Anderson, our top-ranked singles player, went out in the first round of the Shanghai Rolex Masters on Wednesday.
Anderson, who missed South African’s recent Davis Cup match against Germany due to injury, went down 6-2 6-2 to Germany’s Florian Mayer after coming through the qualifying rounds.
Despite serving five aces to one, Anderson also had more double faults, three to his opponent’s one.
Meanwhile, our top-ranked doubles player, Wes Moodie and Belgian partner Dick Norman have had a first round bye in the same tournament.
Seeded eighth for the tournament, they come up against the winners of the match between Rohan Bopanna (India)/Aisam-Ul-Haw Quereshi and Mark Knowles (Bah)/Phillip Kohlschreiber (Ger).