- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Anderson out in first round
- Updated: October 13, 2010
Kevin Anderson, our top-ranked singles player, went out in the first round of the Shanghai Rolex Masters on Wednesday.
Anderson, who missed South African’s recent Davis Cup match against Germany due to injury, went down 6-2 6-2 to Germany’s Florian Mayer after coming through the qualifying rounds.
Despite serving five aces to one, Anderson also had more double faults, three to his opponent’s one.
Meanwhile, our top-ranked doubles player, Wes Moodie and Belgian partner Dick Norman have had a first round bye in the same tournament.
Seeded eighth for the tournament, they come up against the winners of the match between Rohan Bopanna (India)/Aisam-Ul-Haw Quereshi and Mark Knowles (Bah)/Phillip Kohlschreiber (Ger).