- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Stef takes up office at TSA
- Updated: October 7, 2010
Stef Joubert has been appointed to the position of office executive at Triathlon SA with effect from 1 October, her focus to handle all administrative aspects of the Federation. Stef will be based at the TSA offices in Pretoria.
Stef is no stranger to the South African sporting scene, having been with both the National Department of Sport and the South African Sports Commission, the latter that was re-incorporated in SRSA during 2008.┬á During her time at the afore-mentioned sporting bodies she was involved with, amongst other things, co-ordinating Life Skills courses, Team Management training and funding of affiliated sports federations.
Her involvement in multi-coded events such as Commonwealth Games, All Africa and Zone V1 Games encompassed travel arrangements, kit (casual and competition gear), accreditation and providing administrative support to Team South Africa during said events.
When asked about the contribution she expects to make to the sport, Stef does not mince her words. ÔÇ£My objectives at TSA are certainly to provide excellent administrative and other support in terms of all activities, events and initiatives hosted by TSA.┬áI’d like to be the ‘heart of the office’ , the afore-mentioned translating to admin support to all stake holders concerned.┬á I also aim to familiarise myself, sooner rather than later, with all aspects concerning the day to day operations of TSA, same that will enable me to render service of a superior quality.”
TSA president Dr Debbie Alexander was the first to welcome Stef to the organisation. ÔÇ£Stef will be a valuable asset to TSA in our endeavour to streamline the sport and become more and more professional.┬áShe has a clear idea of┬áwhat is expected of her and I am sure, given her sport and managerial background, that she will fit right in and confidently and competently manage our┬áfederation’s affairs.”