- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Olympic hopefuls take on Iran
- Updated: October 6, 2010
The South African national Under-23 football team went into camp on Monday ahead of their friendly international match against Iran on Monday 11 October 2010.
The match is scheduled to take place in Tehran, Iran. Kick off is at 15:00. The match is part of South Africa’s preparations for the The 10th All-Africa Games which will take place in 2011 in Maputo, Mozambique and the team is also preparing for the 2012 Olympics in London.
The team leaves for Iran on Thursday 7 October and is scheduled to return to Johannesburg on Tuesday 12 October 2010.
The team in camp is as follows:
Goalkeepers: Thela Ngobeni (Kaizer Chiefs), Brilliant Khuzwayo (AmaZulu). Defenders: Enrico Adeloph (Bidvest Wits), Gladwin Shitolo (Jomo Cosmos), Thulani Hlatshwayo (Ajax Cape Town), Ramahlwe Mphahlele (Moroka Swallows), Katleho Pule (Bidwest Wits), Sibusiso Mxoyana (Orlando Pirates), Sici Shelembe (Witbank Spurs). Midfielders: Kamohelo Mokotjo (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Sameegh Doutie (Ajax Cape Town), Mandlha Masango (Kaizer Chiefs), Daylon Claasen (Lierse FC), Thulani Serego (Ajax Cape Town). Strikers: Lucky Khune (Kaizer Chiefs), Bongani Ndulula (Bloemfontein Celtics), Daren Omaticos (Santos reserves), Phumelele Ace Bhengu (Moroka Swallows)