- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
King Cameron of Delhi
- Updated: October 6, 2010
South Africa’s flag bearer Cameron van der Burgh ruled in the Pool at the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
Van der Burgh, the world champion and record holder in the short course 100m breaststroke, claimed a new Commonwealth record in the long course 100m breaststroke with a time of 1.00.10 and beat off the challenge of two Australians en-route.
Australia dominated day three in the Pool, but Van der Burgh was the dominant figure in this race as he led from the start and finished superbly to record South Africa’s third gold and seventh medal at the Games.
More to follow …
Congratulations to Cameron, Natalie on their records and all the other swimmers that won medals. I am particularly impressed with the young Chad le Clos who has a very bright future in swimming. It's good to see the SA flag raised at the Games. Keep it rolling! My sport starts today and hopefully they can add 6 medals to the count... Always behind the team!!!