- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Marc, Matthew seal win
- Updated: September 30, 2010
Our Junior Davis Cup tennis team have bounced back from an opening round defeat to beat Australia in Mexico on Wednesday.
The South Africans lost their first group tie 3-0 against Canada in San Luis Potosi but regrouped to forge a 2-1 victory against Australia.
Wayne Montgomery went down to Jordan Thompson in the opening encounter, losing 6-4 6-3 but Marc van der Merwe then won his match and our doubles combination then sealed the victory.
Van der Merwe beat Jack Schipanski in three sets, 6-7 7-6 6-0 and then he and Matthew Rossouw teamed up to beat Thompson and Jay Andrijc in straight sets 7-5 6-4.
It was a morale-boosting win for South Africa against the competition’s seventh seeds.
On Thursday they’ll be looking to beat Russia, the other team in their group, and go through to the next stage of the competition.