- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Calling all off-road experts
- Updated: September 30, 2010
Entries are open for both the second and third leg of the 2010/2011 Duesouth Xterra presented by Rehidrat┬« taking place at Buffelspoort Dam and Grabouw Country Club respectively.
Xterra warriors can also enter the first leg of the 2011/2012 Duesouth Xterra taking place in Knysna next year.
The country’s top multisport and lifestyle athletes are in action at these events, which have proven to be a treat for outdoor enthusiasts and spectators alike.
The event takes the form of an off-road triathlon where competitors can partake individually or in teams of three.┬á Newcomers to the sport can opt for the less daunting Xterra Lite, which is approximately half the distance of the Xterra Full.
The third and final leg of the Xterra at Grabouw Country Club takes the form of the South African finals, which in turn forms part of the Xterra World Tour.┬á Athletes competing at this event stand the chance to qualify for the world championship final in Hawaii.
Date: Saturday, 29 January 2011
Venue: Buffelspoort Dam, North West Province
Distances: Xterra Full – 1.5km swim, 26.5km mountain bike and 12.5km trail run,┬á Xterra Lite – 400m swim, 15.8km mountain bike and 6.3km trail run
Xterra Grabouw (South African Finals)
Date: Saturday, 26 February 2011
Venue: Grabouw Country Club, Western Province
Distances:┬á Xterra Full – 1.5km swim, 25km mountain bike and 10km trail run, XterraLite – 400m swim, 12km mountain bike and 5km trail run
NEW SEASON ~ Xterra Knysna
Date:┬á Thursday, 07 July 2011
Venue: Pezula Private Estate, Knysna
Distance: Xterra Full – 3km trail run, 25km mountain bike and 7km trail run, XterraLite – 3km trail run, 12km mountain bike and 3km trail run
Enter online:┬á www.stillwatersports.com and for information, contact Stillwater Sports & Entertainment on 086 138-3591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org