- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
Win and lose for Sevens
- Updated: September 28, 2010
Our rugby sevens side’s injury woes continue as the Commonwealth Games edge ever closer.
Despite beating Zimbabwe in the final to win their Platinum International tournament in Phokeng near Rustenburg at the weekend, coach Paul Treu has three more injury concerns.
This after earlier having lost four key players in the shape of Frankie Horne, Neil Powell, captain Kyle Brown and Branco du Preez.
Joining them on the crocked list after the weekend action are Chris Dry (fractured finger), MJ Mentz (shoulder) and Boom Prinsloo (concussion).
The trio were scheduled to undergo medical examinations on Tuesday to assess whether they’ll be fit to travel to New Delhi, India for the Games.
At least the sevens have slightly more time on their hands than other members of Team SA already in India. The sevens code players still have a few days to wrap up preparations at their Stellenbosch base before heading for Dubai where they’ll play a few warm-up games against local opposition. They join Team SA in Delhi on October 8.