- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
Win and lose for Sevens
- Updated: September 28, 2010
Our rugby sevens side’s injury woes continue as the Commonwealth Games edge ever closer.
Despite beating Zimbabwe in the final to win their Platinum International tournament in Phokeng near Rustenburg at the weekend, coach Paul Treu has three more injury concerns.
This after earlier having lost four key players in the shape of Frankie Horne, Neil Powell, captain Kyle Brown and Branco du Preez.
Joining them on the crocked list after the weekend action are Chris Dry (fractured finger), MJ Mentz (shoulder) and Boom Prinsloo (concussion).
The trio were scheduled to undergo medical examinations on Tuesday to assess whether they’ll be fit to travel to New Delhi, India for the Games.
At least the sevens have slightly more time on their hands than other members of Team SA already in India. The sevens code players still have a few days to wrap up preparations at their Stellenbosch base before heading for Dubai where they’ll play a few warm-up games against local opposition. They join Team SA in Delhi on October 8.