- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Win and lose for Sevens
- Updated: September 28, 2010
Our rugby sevens side’s injury woes continue as the Commonwealth Games edge ever closer.
Despite beating Zimbabwe in the final to win their Platinum International tournament in Phokeng near Rustenburg at the weekend, coach Paul Treu has three more injury concerns.
This after earlier having lost four key players in the shape of Frankie Horne, Neil Powell, captain Kyle Brown and Branco du Preez.
Joining them on the crocked list after the weekend action are Chris Dry (fractured finger), MJ Mentz (shoulder) and Boom Prinsloo (concussion).
The trio were scheduled to undergo medical examinations on Tuesday to assess whether they’ll be fit to travel to New Delhi, India for the Games.
At least the sevens have slightly more time on their hands than other members of Team SA already in India. The sevens code players still have a few days to wrap up preparations at their Stellenbosch base before heading for Dubai where they’ll play a few warm-up games against local opposition. They join Team SA in Delhi on October 8.