- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Win and lose for Sevens
- Updated: September 28, 2010
Our rugby sevens side’s injury woes continue as the Commonwealth Games edge ever closer.
Despite beating Zimbabwe in the final to win their Platinum International tournament in Phokeng near Rustenburg at the weekend, coach Paul Treu has three more injury concerns.
This after earlier having lost four key players in the shape of Frankie Horne, Neil Powell, captain Kyle Brown and Branco du Preez.
Joining them on the crocked list after the weekend action are Chris Dry (fractured finger), MJ Mentz (shoulder) and Boom Prinsloo (concussion).
The trio were scheduled to undergo medical examinations on Tuesday to assess whether they’ll be fit to travel to New Delhi, India for the Games.
At least the sevens have slightly more time on their hands than other members of Team SA already in India. The sevens code players still have a few days to wrap up preparations at their Stellenbosch base before heading for Dubai where they’ll play a few warm-up games against local opposition. They join Team SA in Delhi on October 8.