- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Win and lose for Sevens
- Updated: September 28, 2010
Our rugby sevens side’s injury woes continue as the Commonwealth Games edge ever closer.
Despite beating Zimbabwe in the final to win their Platinum International tournament in Phokeng near Rustenburg at the weekend, coach Paul Treu has three more injury concerns.
This after earlier having lost four key players in the shape of Frankie Horne, Neil Powell, captain Kyle Brown and Branco du Preez.
Joining them on the crocked list after the weekend action are Chris Dry (fractured finger), MJ Mentz (shoulder) and Boom Prinsloo (concussion).
The trio were scheduled to undergo medical examinations on Tuesday to assess whether they’ll be fit to travel to New Delhi, India for the Games.
At least the sevens have slightly more time on their hands than other members of Team SA already in India. The sevens code players still have a few days to wrap up preparations at their Stellenbosch base before heading for Dubai where they’ll play a few warm-up games against local opposition. They join Team SA in Delhi on October 8.