- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Entries open for AfricanX
- Updated: September 22, 2010
Entries have opened for South Africa’s most exciting three-day stage race, the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun, presented by New Balance.
The gruelling but scenic race will be run between 6-8 May, 2011, each day’s stage will begin and end in the picturesque coastal town of Kleinmond, on the Cape town side of Hermanus.
The three routes have been planned in such a way that the participants will have the opportunity to tackle a different breathtaking scenic route each day, which will allow them to enjoy the full diversity of the world-renowned Kogelberg Biosphere.
Although the distances can be quite a challenge, the route will be laid out on jeep and single tracks that are runner-friendly and include magnificent views of the ocean, mountains and waterfalls.┬á Teamwork will form an essential part of the race, as participants have to rely on each other’s experience and expertise in order to complete the route.
Teams of two (male/female/mixed) will battle it out on a route varying in distance between 25-42km each day (28km on day one, 45km on day two and 22km on the third and final day).┬á This awe-inspiring trail run stage race will follow a cloverleaf format, which means that runners finish in Kleinmond on each of the three days.┬áAccommodation, meals and entertainment will remain in the same place for the duration of the race.
The race village in Kleinmond will be a hive of activity with entertainment throughout the day, which makes the event ideally suited as a family breakaway.┬áFamily and friends will also be able to support the athletes at various vantage points along the route.
Prospective entrants are urged to act quickly as there is only room for 250 teams.
To enter the action-packed event contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086┬á138-3591, [email protected] visit┬áwww.stillwatersports.com.