- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Stars of the future head for Bloemfontein
- Updated: September 20, 2010
Hard on the heels of the Davis Cup play-off in Germany at the weekend, Bloemfontein is in the spotlights as over 800 tennis players from across the country take part in the South African Junior Nationals presented by Dunlop and KeyHealth which takes place from 28 September to 4 October.
The annual tournament is South Africa’s premier junior event and is the most prestigious ranking tournament in the country. One of the strongest line-ups of players have confirmed their entry for the 2010 event.
Boys and girls in the under 12, 14, 16 and 18 age categories, will compete in the Platinum, Gold and Silver draws at different tennis clubs throughout Bloemfontein┬áas well as at Free State Tennis Association’s headquarters.
Mariette Maritz, tournament director for the Junior Nationals, says the Free State Tennis Association is ready to deliver a great event. ÔÇ£We are excited at hosting another edition of the Junior Nationals. The tournament has proved to be a success in the past and together with sponsors, Dunlop and KeyHealth, we are looking to make this our best event yet.ÔÇØ
Dunlop Marketing Director, Mark Ridl said that his company’s brand, Dunlop, is happy to be part of the tournament; ÔÇ£We are delighted to be associated with an event boasting the cream of South Africa’s junior tennis players. As one of the world’s leading brands, we continue to commit ourselves to the development of tennis in our country especially at grassroots levelÔÇØ, he said.
The under-12 age groups will play at Grey and Eunice Schools, the under-14 age groups will be played at the University of the Free State tennis courts, the under 16 age groups will play at the Free State Stadium and the under 18 age group will play at Mudplein Tennis Club.
Other venues include Oranje Meisies, Mundene Tennis Club, Jim Fouche School and Tempe Army Ground.