- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Sick Augustyn quits tour
- Updated: September 1, 2010
South African cyclist John-Lee Augustyn and English team-mate Ben Swift have quit the Tour of Spain during the third stage having been left sick by a mystery illness that has swept through the team.
“John-Lee Augustyn and Ben Swift both pulled out because they could not continue as they were so sick,” said Team Sky team principal Dave Brailsford.
According to the BBC website Brailsford added: “It’s basically they can’t stop vomiting but we don’t think it’s food poisoning.
“We’ve got our own chef and the riders and staff eat separately and we’re always very vigilant about hygiene.”