- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Sick Augustyn quits tour
- Updated: September 1, 2010
South African cyclist John-Lee Augustyn and English team-mate Ben Swift have quit the Tour of Spain during the third stage having been left sick by a mystery illness that has swept through the team.
“John-Lee Augustyn and Ben Swift both pulled out because they could not continue as they were so sick,” said Team Sky team principal Dave Brailsford.
According to the BBC website Brailsford added: “It’s basically they can’t stop vomiting but we don’t think it’s food poisoning.
“We’ve got our own chef and the riders and staff eat separately and we’re always very vigilant about hygiene.”