- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Sick Augustyn quits tour
- Updated: September 1, 2010
South African cyclist John-Lee Augustyn and English team-mate Ben Swift have quit the Tour of Spain during the third stage having been left sick by a mystery illness that has swept through the team.
“John-Lee Augustyn and Ben Swift both pulled out because they could not continue as they were so sick,” said Team Sky team principal Dave Brailsford.
According to the BBC website Brailsford added: “It’s basically they can’t stop vomiting but we don’t think it’s food poisoning.
“We’ve got our own chef and the riders and staff eat separately and we’re always very vigilant about hygiene.”