- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Six-goal thriller in PE
- Updated: August 26, 2010
Former champions Western Province and Southern Gauteng drew their men’s interprovincial hockey clash 3-3 in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday.
It was a heart-breaking end to the match for WP as Thornton McDade pulled Southern Gauteng back to level terms with just 10 seconds left to play. Earlier scorers for his side were Ricky West and Tebogo Lerole. For Western Province Jean-Pierre de Vouc, Clive Terwin and Cuan Burton-Moore found the back of the net.
Western Province’s next match is against the host side Eastern Province and after EP held Southerns to a 0-0 draw on the opening day of the tournament, WP will certainly not be able to take their foot off the pedal.
Defending champions, KZN Raiders and Northern Gauteng played out an ill-tempered 2-2 draw that saw seven yellow cards being shown, five of them to the Raiders.
Goalscorers for the Raiders were Gareth Carr and Tim Drummond while Justin reid-Ross and Jonty Robinson netted for Northerns.
Other results on Wednesday saw KZN Inland whalloping Amathole 8-0 while EP and Peninsula played out a goalless draw.
Thursday’s fixtures: KZN Raiders v Amathole, Southern Gauteng v Peninsula, KZN Inland v Northern Gauteng, Eastern Province v Western Province