- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Six-goal thriller in PE
- Updated: August 26, 2010
Former champions Western Province and Southern Gauteng drew their men’s interprovincial hockey clash 3-3 in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday.
It was a heart-breaking end to the match for WP as Thornton McDade pulled Southern Gauteng back to level terms with just 10 seconds left to play. Earlier scorers for his side were Ricky West and Tebogo Lerole. For Western Province Jean-Pierre de Vouc, Clive Terwin and Cuan Burton-Moore found the back of the net.
Western Province’s next match is against the host side Eastern Province and after EP held Southerns to a 0-0 draw on the opening day of the tournament, WP will certainly not be able to take their foot off the pedal.
Defending champions, KZN Raiders and Northern Gauteng played out an ill-tempered 2-2 draw that saw seven yellow cards being shown, five of them to the Raiders.
Goalscorers for the Raiders were Gareth Carr and Tim Drummond while Justin reid-Ross and Jonty Robinson netted for Northerns.
Other results on Wednesday saw KZN Inland whalloping Amathole 8-0 while EP and Peninsula played out a goalless draw.
Thursday’s fixtures: KZN Raiders v Amathole, Southern Gauteng v Peninsula, KZN Inland v Northern Gauteng, Eastern Province v Western Province