- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Strong showing by hosts EP
- Updated: August 25, 2010
Host team Eastern Province held one of the tournament favourites, Southern Gauteng, to a goalless draw on day one of the men’s interprovincial hockey tournament in Port Elizabeth on Tuesday.
In doing so Eastern Province will show that they won’t exactly be a punchbag making up the numbers at the tournament.
Day One featured at least two derby-type matches. Defending champions the KZN Raiders beat neighbours, KZN Inland 3-1.
And former champions Western Province took on Peninsula and left until late before a second goal from national captain Austin Smith sealed a 3-2 win in the last 10 minutes.
Western Province and Southerns meet each other in Wednesday’s match of the day.
In Tuesday’s other match Gauteng North beat A Division newcomers Amathole 7-1.