- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Strong showing by hosts EP
- Updated: August 25, 2010
Host team Eastern Province held one of the tournament favourites, Southern Gauteng, to a goalless draw on day one of the men’s interprovincial hockey tournament in Port Elizabeth on Tuesday.
In doing so Eastern Province will show that they won’t exactly be a punchbag making up the numbers at the tournament.
Day One featured at least two derby-type matches. Defending champions the KZN Raiders beat neighbours, KZN Inland 3-1.
And former champions Western Province took on Peninsula and left until late before a second goal from national captain Austin Smith sealed a 3-2 win in the last 10 minutes.
Western Province and Southerns meet each other in Wednesday’s match of the day.
In Tuesday’s other match Gauteng North beat A Division newcomers Amathole 7-1.