- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Thirteen coaches make it through
- Updated: August 23, 2010
Sixteen South African ITTF Level 1 accredited table tennis coaches attended an ITTF Level 2 coaching course for six days recently.┬á The course entailed studying for long hours and interaction amongst the coaches and the bottom line was that it was hectic and intensive.
Emmanuel Christiansson from Sweden was appointed by the International Table Tennis Federation to conduct the course.
In spite of the intensity of the course, the South African Table Tennis Board (SATTB) was proud to congratulate the following coaches on making it through the first stage on the road to becoming accredited ITTF Level 2 coaches: Margie Luckay, Clement Meyer, Anver Lyners, Nigel Adams, Neville Parker, Melissa Witbooi, Greg Naik, Simon Gologolo, Sameera Maal, Ashlyn Wagner, Sarel Oberholster, Bheki Khumalo and Henry Esau.
The way forward for the coaches is 50 hours of coaching of which five hours must be supervised by a coach appointed by the SATTB.
Each Coach must also keep a log sheet of hours spent coaching and of the activities undertaken.
On completion of the above processes, a confidential coaching report signed by the SATTB appointed coach together with a copy of the coaching log sheets will be sent to Mr Christiansson for verification and accreditation.
The SATTB wishes all the above coaches well with their coaching future.