Hi there Sbusiso, I have forwarded your query to the weightlifting federation and they'll get back to you in this regard. Stay well and keep on training hard. Mark Etheridge (Managing Editor: Road to London, 2012)
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
SA records in Malaysia
- Updated: July 28, 2010
Our weightlifters have placed sixth and seventh at the IPC World Powerlifting championships in Malaysia.
Competing in the 67.5kg division on Tuesday, junior Johannes Mattheysen benched 142.5kg. That was his best lift of the competition and he improved the national junior record from 137.5kg and ended in sixth spot.
In the senior competition, Evgeni Popov competed in the 75kg division on Wednesday.
He benched 177.5kg with his best effort for seventh spot in his category. Like Mattheysen it was also a national record and he improved on the former mark of 175kg.