Hi there Sbusiso, I have forwarded your query to the weightlifting federation and they'll get back to you in this regard. Stay well and keep on training hard. Mark Etheridge (Managing Editor: Road to London, 2012)
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
SA records in Malaysia
- Updated: July 28, 2010
Our weightlifters have placed sixth and seventh at the IPC World Powerlifting championships in Malaysia.
Competing in the 67.5kg division on Tuesday, junior Johannes Mattheysen benched 142.5kg. That was his best lift of the competition and he improved the national junior record from 137.5kg and ended in sixth spot.
In the senior competition, Evgeni Popov competed in the 75kg division on Wednesday.
He benched 177.5kg with his best effort for seventh spot in his category. Like Mattheysen it was also a national record and he improved on the former mark of 175kg.