Hi there Sbusiso, I have forwarded your query to the weightlifting federation and they'll get back to you in this regard. Stay well and keep on training hard. Mark Etheridge (Managing Editor: Road to London, 2012)
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
SA records in Malaysia
- Updated: July 28, 2010
Our weightlifters have placed sixth and seventh at the IPC World Powerlifting championships in Malaysia.
Competing in the 67.5kg division on Tuesday, junior Johannes Mattheysen benched 142.5kg. That was his best lift of the competition and he improved the national junior record from 137.5kg and ended in sixth spot.
In the senior competition, Evgeni Popov competed in the 75kg division on Wednesday.
He benched 177.5kg with his best effort for seventh spot in his category. Like Mattheysen it was also a national record and he improved on the former mark of 175kg.