- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Major tournament set for Cape Town
- Updated: July 21, 2010
South Africa will host the judo Junior World Championships in 2011.
This is the biggest event in the IJF calendar after the Olympic Games and Judo South Africa and the country is very blessed be the host of this gigantic and monumental event.
The event is scheduled to take place in Cape Town (International Convention Centre) in October/November 2011.
Judo SA has the support of Western Cape Sports and Recreation department, Western Cape Mayors office, SASCOC and SRSA.
Judo South Africa wants to make the event the best ever Junior World Championships with the hope of hosting Grant Prix or Senior World Championships in the near future.
Local organising committees have been established and are to be submitted to the council for ratification.
Judo South Africa will require adequate financial support to successfully host these games. We will, therefore, need support from business and lotteries for the benefit of the country as hosting an international event is a national imperative.