- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Major tournament set for Cape Town
- Updated: July 21, 2010
South Africa will host the judo Junior World Championships in 2011.
This is the biggest event in the IJF calendar after the Olympic Games and Judo South Africa and the country is very blessed be the host of this gigantic and monumental event.
The event is scheduled to take place in Cape Town (International Convention Centre) in October/November 2011.
Judo SA has the support of Western Cape Sports and Recreation department, Western Cape Mayors office, SASCOC and SRSA.
Judo South Africa wants to make the event the best ever Junior World Championships with the hope of hosting Grant Prix or Senior World Championships in the near future.
Local organising committees have been established and are to be submitted to the council for ratification.
Judo South Africa will require adequate financial support to successfully host these games. We will, therefore, need support from business and lotteries for the benefit of the country as hosting an international event is a national imperative.