- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Major tournament set for Cape Town
- Updated: July 21, 2010
South Africa will host the judo Junior World Championships in 2011.
This is the biggest event in the IJF calendar after the Olympic Games and Judo South Africa and the country is very blessed be the host of this gigantic and monumental event.
The event is scheduled to take place in Cape Town (International Convention Centre) in October/November 2011.
Judo SA has the support of Western Cape Sports and Recreation department, Western Cape Mayors office, SASCOC and SRSA.
Judo South Africa wants to make the event the best ever Junior World Championships with the hope of hosting Grant Prix or Senior World Championships in the near future.
Local organising committees have been established and are to be submitted to the council for ratification.
Judo South Africa will require adequate financial support to successfully host these games. We will, therefore, need support from business and lotteries for the benefit of the country as hosting an international event is a national imperative.