- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
Major tournament set for Cape Town
- Updated: July 21, 2010
South Africa will host the judo Junior World Championships in 2011.
This is the biggest event in the IJF calendar after the Olympic Games and Judo South Africa and the country is very blessed be the host of this gigantic and monumental event.
The event is scheduled to take place in Cape Town (International Convention Centre) in October/November 2011.
Judo SA has the support of Western Cape Sports and Recreation department, Western Cape Mayors office, SASCOC and SRSA.
Judo South Africa wants to make the event the best ever Junior World Championships with the hope of hosting Grant Prix or Senior World Championships in the near future.
Local organising committees have been established and are to be submitted to the council for ratification.
Judo South Africa will require adequate financial support to successfully host these games. We will, therefore, need support from business and lotteries for the benefit of the country as hosting an international event is a national imperative.