- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Major tournament set for Cape Town
- Updated: July 21, 2010
South Africa will host the judo Junior World Championships in 2011.
This is the biggest event in the IJF calendar after the Olympic Games and Judo South Africa and the country is very blessed be the host of this gigantic and monumental event.
The event is scheduled to take place in Cape Town (International Convention Centre) in October/November 2011.
Judo SA has the support of Western Cape Sports and Recreation department, Western Cape Mayors office, SASCOC and SRSA.
Judo South Africa wants to make the event the best ever Junior World Championships with the hope of hosting Grant Prix or Senior World Championships in the near future.
Local organising committees have been established and are to be submitted to the council for ratification.
Judo South Africa will require adequate financial support to successfully host these games. We will, therefore, need support from business and lotteries for the benefit of the country as hosting an international event is a national imperative.