- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
Record entry for Super 7 series
- Updated: July 5, 2010
The Dunlop Sport Super 7, a premier junior tennis event on the South African tennis calendar has attracted a record entry.
The Gauteng North leg of the KeyHealth Super 7 series has 577 entries, 62 more than the previous record of 2008. The tournament will be played from Tuesday 6 July to Friday 9 July at the Groenkloof Tennis Centre.
The Tournament will host under-12, 14, 16, 18 age group with singles and doubles events for both boys and girls in each respective age group. The under-18 age group will form part of the International Tennis Federation circuit (ITF) where players will compete for international ranking points.
The under-12 and under-14 age groups will form part of the Nike Junior Tour (NJT). The Nike Junior Tour is the world’s premier junior tennis tour and players in the under-14 and 12 age groups will earn NJT points which will help them qualify for the NJT South African Masters to be played in October. The winners of the NJT SA Masters will qualify for the Nike Junior Tour International Masters, which will be played in San Salvador, The Bahamas.
President of Gauteng North Tennis, Clark Coetzee said that the Dunlop Super 7 was an important part of the development of tennis in his region and the country. ÔÇ£Its so important for South Africa to host top level tournaments for our up and coming juniors. Competition is healthy and for the juniors to compete against each other at the highest possible level where so much is at stake can only help development their individual characters and future careersÔÇØ said Coetzee.
The finals of the Dunlop Super 7 will played on Friday morning from 8.30am at the Belgrave tennis club.