- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
SA go down fighting
- Updated: June 12, 2010
Our women’s hockey team continues to learn heaps on their gruelling tour to China.
Despite being up against it against the high-ranked Chinese, the side only went down 3-0 to their illustrious counterparts in the latest game on Saturday.
The side now have eight days left in China … and another six matches. On Friday they went down 7-1 to the Chinese after a halftime score of 4-0.
In the latest game though they held the Chinese to 0-0 at halftime and only conceded their first goal 14 minutes into the second half. The girls played great hockey and created a few scoring opportunities.
Although the team will come back to South African on the wrong side of the scoreline the experience will pay dividends in the long run.
The team haven’t missed out on 2010 World Cup fever. The SA ambassador organised an opportunity for SA students in Beijing to watch the opening ceremony and first game and the hockey side joined them in watching Bafana Bafana hold Mexico to a 1-1 draw.