- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
SA go down fighting
- Updated: June 12, 2010
Our women’s hockey team continues to learn heaps on their gruelling tour to China.
Despite being up against it against the high-ranked Chinese, the side only went down 3-0 to their illustrious counterparts in the latest game on Saturday.
The side now have eight days left in China … and another six matches. On Friday they went down 7-1 to the Chinese after a halftime score of 4-0.
In the latest game though they held the Chinese to 0-0 at halftime and only conceded their first goal 14 minutes into the second half. The girls played great hockey and created a few scoring opportunities.
Although the team will come back to South African on the wrong side of the scoreline the experience will pay dividends in the long run.
The team haven’t missed out on 2010 World Cup fever. The SA ambassador organised an opportunity for SA students in Beijing to watch the opening ceremony and first game and the hockey side joined them in watching Bafana Bafana hold Mexico to a 1-1 draw.