- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
SA go down fighting
- Updated: June 12, 2010
Our women’s hockey team continues to learn heaps on their gruelling tour to China.
Despite being up against it against the high-ranked Chinese, the side only went down 3-0 to their illustrious counterparts in the latest game on Saturday.
The side now have eight days left in China … and another six matches. On Friday they went down 7-1 to the Chinese after a halftime score of 4-0.
In the latest game though they held the Chinese to 0-0 at halftime and only conceded their first goal 14 minutes into the second half. The girls played great hockey and created a few scoring opportunities.
Although the team will come back to South African on the wrong side of the scoreline the experience will pay dividends in the long run.
The team haven’t missed out on 2010 World Cup fever. The SA ambassador organised an opportunity for SA students in Beijing to watch the opening ceremony and first game and the hockey side joined them in watching Bafana Bafana hold Mexico to a 1-1 draw.