- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Cape Town champs serve as preparation
- Updated: June 4, 2010
Cape Town hosts the national aerobic gymnasts championships on 5-6 June.
The country’s top aerobic gymnasts will be vying for top spot in the country. The event also doubles as the World Cup Team Training Camp, as the gymnasts look forward to the fourth AER Gym International Age Group and the 11th AER Gymnastics World Championships to be held in Rodez, France.
The competition will feature top gymnasts Ray Meas, Chelsea Jacobs, Robin Klaasen, Justine Le Fleur, Rachel Wood, Dominique Mann (KZN), Geraldine Jahn and Wilson Mafona who had a great showing at the 10th African Gymnastics Championship which were held Namibia in March.
The gymnasts also received international coaching support from Mr Georgi Sergiev from Bulgaria, which specially prepared them for the upcoming international competition.
The public are encouraged to attend the competition which will be held at the Southfields Library (Cnr Victoria & Casino Roads) Southfield, Cape Town starting at 9.30am on Saturday 5 June.