- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Cape Town champs serve as preparation
- Updated: June 4, 2010
Cape Town hosts the national aerobic gymnasts championships on 5-6 June.
The country’s top aerobic gymnasts will be vying for top spot in the country. The event also doubles as the World Cup Team Training Camp, as the gymnasts look forward to the fourth AER Gym International Age Group and the 11th AER Gymnastics World Championships to be held in Rodez, France.
The competition will feature top gymnasts Ray Meas, Chelsea Jacobs, Robin Klaasen, Justine Le Fleur, Rachel Wood, Dominique Mann (KZN), Geraldine Jahn and Wilson Mafona who had a great showing at the 10th African Gymnastics Championship which were held Namibia in March.
The gymnasts also received international coaching support from Mr Georgi Sergiev from Bulgaria, which specially prepared them for the upcoming international competition.
The public are encouraged to attend the competition which will be held at the Southfields Library (Cnr Victoria & Casino Roads) Southfield, Cape Town starting at 9.30am on Saturday 5 June.