- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Cape Town champs serve as preparation
- Updated: June 4, 2010
Cape Town hosts the national aerobic gymnasts championships on 5-6 June.
The country’s top aerobic gymnasts will be vying for top spot in the country. The event also doubles as the World Cup Team Training Camp, as the gymnasts look forward to the fourth AER Gym International Age Group and the 11th AER Gymnastics World Championships to be held in Rodez, France.
The competition will feature top gymnasts Ray Meas, Chelsea Jacobs, Robin Klaasen, Justine Le Fleur, Rachel Wood, Dominique Mann (KZN), Geraldine Jahn and Wilson Mafona who had a great showing at the 10th African Gymnastics Championship which were held Namibia in March.
The gymnasts also received international coaching support from Mr Georgi Sergiev from Bulgaria, which specially prepared them for the upcoming international competition.
The public are encouraged to attend the competition which will be held at the Southfields Library (Cnr Victoria & Casino Roads) Southfield, Cape Town starting at 9.30am on Saturday 5 June.