- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Cape Town champs serve as preparation
- Updated: June 4, 2010
Cape Town hosts the national aerobic gymnasts championships on 5-6 June.
The country’s top aerobic gymnasts will be vying for top spot in the country. The event also doubles as the World Cup Team Training Camp, as the gymnasts look forward to the fourth AER Gym International Age Group and the 11th AER Gymnastics World Championships to be held in Rodez, France.
The competition will feature top gymnasts Ray Meas, Chelsea Jacobs, Robin Klaasen, Justine Le Fleur, Rachel Wood, Dominique Mann (KZN), Geraldine Jahn and Wilson Mafona who had a great showing at the 10th African Gymnastics Championship which were held Namibia in March.
The gymnasts also received international coaching support from Mr Georgi Sergiev from Bulgaria, which specially prepared them for the upcoming international competition.
The public are encouraged to attend the competition which will be held at the Southfields Library (Cnr Victoria & Casino Roads) Southfield, Cape Town starting at 9.30am on Saturday 5 June.