- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Cape Town champs serve as preparation
- Updated: June 4, 2010
Cape Town hosts the national aerobic gymnasts championships on 5-6 June.
The country’s top aerobic gymnasts will be vying for top spot in the country. The event also doubles as the World Cup Team Training Camp, as the gymnasts look forward to the fourth AER Gym International Age Group and the 11th AER Gymnastics World Championships to be held in Rodez, France.
The competition will feature top gymnasts Ray Meas, Chelsea Jacobs, Robin Klaasen, Justine Le Fleur, Rachel Wood, Dominique Mann (KZN), Geraldine Jahn and Wilson Mafona who had a great showing at the 10th African Gymnastics Championship which were held Namibia in March.
The gymnasts also received international coaching support from Mr Georgi Sergiev from Bulgaria, which specially prepared them for the upcoming international competition.
The public are encouraged to attend the competition which will be held at the Southfields Library (Cnr Victoria & Casino Roads) Southfield, Cape Town starting at 9.30am on Saturday 5 June.