- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Brown bounces back
- Updated: May 25, 2010
Rising cycle star Arran Brown looks like he’s on the comeback trail.
The Team Medscheme rider proved this in the best possible way with a win in the Bela Bela Classic race north of Pretoria on Sunday.
The race was ridden over a 95-kilometre route and the Johannesburg cyclist won the sprint to the line and clocked two hours and three minutes.
House of Paint’s Dusty Day and Jean Spies were second and third respectively.
Brown had a superb year’s riding in last year, ending with wins in the Cape Argus cycle tour, the Amashova and the 94.7 events.
But he was then laid low with a knee injury and until now has┬á kept a low profile.