- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Brown bounces back
- Updated: May 25, 2010
Rising cycle star Arran Brown looks like he’s on the comeback trail.
The Team Medscheme rider proved this in the best possible way with a win in the Bela Bela Classic race north of Pretoria on Sunday.
The race was ridden over a 95-kilometre route and the Johannesburg cyclist won the sprint to the line and clocked two hours and three minutes.
House of Paint’s Dusty Day and Jean Spies were second and third respectively.
Brown had a superb year’s riding in last year, ending with wins in the Cape Argus cycle tour, the Amashova and the 94.7 events.
But he was then laid low with a knee injury and until now has┬á kept a low profile.