- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Brown bounces back
- Updated: May 25, 2010
Rising cycle star Arran Brown looks like he’s on the comeback trail.
The Team Medscheme rider proved this in the best possible way with a win in the Bela Bela Classic race north of Pretoria on Sunday.
The race was ridden over a 95-kilometre route and the Johannesburg cyclist won the sprint to the line and clocked two hours and three minutes.
House of Paint’s Dusty Day and Jean Spies were second and third respectively.
Brown had a superb year’s riding in last year, ending with wins in the Cape Argus cycle tour, the Amashova and the 94.7 events.
But he was then laid low with a knee injury and until now has┬á kept a low profile.