- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Brown bounces back
- Updated: May 25, 2010
Rising cycle star Arran Brown looks like he’s on the comeback trail.
The Team Medscheme rider proved this in the best possible way with a win in the Bela Bela Classic race north of Pretoria on Sunday.
The race was ridden over a 95-kilometre route and the Johannesburg cyclist won the sprint to the line and clocked two hours and three minutes.
House of Paint’s Dusty Day and Jean Spies were second and third respectively.
Brown had a superb year’s riding in last year, ending with wins in the Cape Argus cycle tour, the Amashova and the 94.7 events.
But he was then laid low with a knee injury and until now has┬á kept a low profile.