- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Brown bounces back
- Updated: May 25, 2010
Rising cycle star Arran Brown looks like he’s on the comeback trail.
The Team Medscheme rider proved this in the best possible way with a win in the Bela Bela Classic race north of Pretoria on Sunday.
The race was ridden over a 95-kilometre route and the Johannesburg cyclist won the sprint to the line and clocked two hours and three minutes.
House of Paint’s Dusty Day and Jean Spies were second and third respectively.
Brown had a superb year’s riding in last year, ending with wins in the Cape Argus cycle tour, the Amashova and the 94.7 events.
But he was then laid low with a knee injury and until now has┬á kept a low profile.