- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Andrew, Chanel reach final
- Updated: May 22, 2010
South Africa have representatives in both the men’s and women’s finals at the ITF Futures International tournament being played in Durban.
Eighth seeded Andrew Anderson beat No3 seed Adrien Bossel of Switzerland in a three-setter, 3-6 6-4 6-5 and he plays Israeli fourth seed Amir Weintraub.
In the women’s section, second seed Chanel Simmonds beat Zuzana Linhova of Czech Republic, the local girl winning 6-0 6-3.
She’ll play top seeded Poojasharee Venkatesha after the Indian player beat Denmark’s Malou Ejdesgaard in a three-set clash.
In the women’s doubles final Indian top seeds Sanaa Bhambri and Rushmi Chakravarthi beat local hopes Tegan Edwards and Bianca Swanepoel 3-6 6-3 10-4.
In international news South African Chanelle Scheepers will be playing Mathilde Johansson from France in the first round of the women’s singles main draw at Roland Garros.
Her journey through the qualifying rounds resulted in the following wins:
First round qualifying ÔÇô beat Lindsay Lee- Waters USA 6-4 6-4
Second round qualifying ÔÇô beat Silvia Soler Espinosa ESP 6-1 6-2
Third round qualifying ÔÇô ┬ábeat Zuzana Ondraskova CZE 4-6 7-6 6-0