- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Andrew, Chanel reach final
- Updated: May 22, 2010
South Africa have representatives in both the men’s and women’s finals at the ITF Futures International tournament being played in Durban.
Eighth seeded Andrew Anderson beat No3 seed Adrien Bossel of Switzerland in a three-setter, 3-6 6-4 6-5 and he plays Israeli fourth seed Amir Weintraub.
In the women’s section, second seed Chanel Simmonds beat Zuzana Linhova of Czech Republic, the local girl winning 6-0 6-3.
She’ll play top seeded Poojasharee Venkatesha after the Indian player beat Denmark’s Malou Ejdesgaard in a three-set clash.
In the women’s doubles final Indian top seeds Sanaa Bhambri and Rushmi Chakravarthi beat local hopes Tegan Edwards and Bianca Swanepoel 3-6 6-3 10-4.
In international news South African Chanelle Scheepers will be playing Mathilde Johansson from France in the first round of the women’s singles main draw at Roland Garros.
Her journey through the qualifying rounds resulted in the following wins:
First round qualifying ÔÇô beat Lindsay Lee- Waters USA 6-4 6-4
Second round qualifying ÔÇô beat Silvia Soler Espinosa ESP 6-1 6-2
Third round qualifying ÔÇô ┬ábeat Zuzana Ondraskova CZE 4-6 7-6 6-0