- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Wrestlers grab medals galore in Egypt
- Updated: May 20, 2010
Our wrestlers have returned from Egypt with a whole heap of medals from various competitions in the capital of Cairo.
The men and women competed in the freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and also in Youth Olympic qualifying action.
In the men’s freestyle Gauteng North’s Bokang Masunyane won gold in the 46-50kg division.
And in the Youth Olympics qualifying Mpumalanga’s Andries Schutte also won gold, in the 0/100kg freestyle category.
In the men’s freestyle there were also four silver and five bronze medals.
The Greco-Roman division saw a return of eight silvers and two bronze.
The women’s division (freestyle) saw a further three silver medals.
Then in the Youth Olympics qualifer there were four silvers and four bronzes for the boys and an additional two bronzes for the girls.