- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
Wrestlers grab medals galore in Egypt
- Updated: May 20, 2010
Our wrestlers have returned from Egypt with a whole heap of medals from various competitions in the capital of Cairo.
The men and women competed in the freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and also in Youth Olympic qualifying action.
In the men’s freestyle Gauteng North’s Bokang Masunyane won gold in the 46-50kg division.
And in the Youth Olympics qualifying Mpumalanga’s Andries Schutte also won gold, in the 0/100kg freestyle category.
In the men’s freestyle there were also four silver and five bronze medals.
The Greco-Roman division saw a return of eight silvers and two bronze.
The women’s division (freestyle) saw a further three silver medals.
Then in the Youth Olympics qualifer there were four silvers and four bronzes for the boys and an additional two bronzes for the girls.