- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Wrestlers grab medals galore in Egypt
- Updated: May 20, 2010
Our wrestlers have returned from Egypt with a whole heap of medals from various competitions in the capital of Cairo.
The men and women competed in the freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and also in Youth Olympic qualifying action.
In the men’s freestyle Gauteng North’s Bokang Masunyane won gold in the 46-50kg division.
And in the Youth Olympics qualifying Mpumalanga’s Andries Schutte also won gold, in the 0/100kg freestyle category.
In the men’s freestyle there were also four silver and five bronze medals.
The Greco-Roman division saw a return of eight silvers and two bronze.
The women’s division (freestyle) saw a further three silver medals.
Then in the Youth Olympics qualifer there were four silvers and four bronzes for the boys and an additional two bronzes for the girls.