- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Wrestlers grab medals galore in Egypt
- Updated: May 20, 2010
Our wrestlers have returned from Egypt with a whole heap of medals from various competitions in the capital of Cairo.
The men and women competed in the freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and also in Youth Olympic qualifying action.
In the men’s freestyle Gauteng North’s Bokang Masunyane won gold in the 46-50kg division.
And in the Youth Olympics qualifying Mpumalanga’s Andries Schutte also won gold, in the 0/100kg freestyle category.
In the men’s freestyle there were also four silver and five bronze medals.
The Greco-Roman division saw a return of eight silvers and two bronze.
The women’s division (freestyle) saw a further three silver medals.
Then in the Youth Olympics qualifer there were four silvers and four bronzes for the boys and an additional two bronzes for the girls.