- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Wrestlers grab medals galore in Egypt
- Updated: May 20, 2010
Our wrestlers have returned from Egypt with a whole heap of medals from various competitions in the capital of Cairo.
The men and women competed in the freestyle and Greco-Roman categories and also in Youth Olympic qualifying action.
In the men’s freestyle Gauteng North’s Bokang Masunyane won gold in the 46-50kg division.
And in the Youth Olympics qualifying Mpumalanga’s Andries Schutte also won gold, in the 0/100kg freestyle category.
In the men’s freestyle there were also four silver and five bronze medals.
The Greco-Roman division saw a return of eight silvers and two bronze.
The women’s division (freestyle) saw a further three silver medals.
Then in the Youth Olympics qualifer there were four silvers and four bronzes for the boys and an additional two bronzes for the girls.