- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
Louw shines in US meet
- Updated: May 17, 2010
South African freestyle sprinter Gideon Louw led home a field that included Americans Ryan Lochte and Peter Vanderkaay in winning the 100m at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet.
Swimming in the colours of Auburn University, Louw was out in 23.81sec and back in 26.38 for a 50.09 victory. Second was shared by Lochte, the 200m back winner earlier in the seassion, and 1,500m winner Peter Vanderkaay, in a dead-heat on 50.29.┬á
The meet saw the return to long-course action in 2010 of Olymopic hero Michael Phelps. He produced a 1min 58.35sec victory in the 200m medley at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center.