- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Louw shines in US meet
- Updated: May 17, 2010
South African freestyle sprinter Gideon Louw led home a field that included Americans Ryan Lochte and Peter Vanderkaay in winning the 100m at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet.
Swimming in the colours of Auburn University, Louw was out in 23.81sec and back in 26.38 for a 50.09 victory. Second was shared by Lochte, the 200m back winner earlier in the seassion, and 1,500m winner Peter Vanderkaay, in a dead-heat on 50.29.┬á
The meet saw the return to long-course action in 2010 of Olymopic hero Michael Phelps. He produced a 1min 58.35sec victory in the 200m medley at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center.