- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Louw shines in US meet
- Updated: May 17, 2010
South African freestyle sprinter Gideon Louw led home a field that included Americans Ryan Lochte and Peter Vanderkaay in winning the 100m at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet.
Swimming in the colours of Auburn University, Louw was out in 23.81sec and back in 26.38 for a 50.09 victory. Second was shared by Lochte, the 200m back winner earlier in the seassion, and 1,500m winner Peter Vanderkaay, in a dead-heat on 50.29.┬á
The meet saw the return to long-course action in 2010 of Olymopic hero Michael Phelps. He produced a 1min 58.35sec victory in the 200m medley at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center.