- Lamprecht’s great form continues as he leads at Leopard Creek
- Jobodwana, Gelant shine at Speed Series in Durban
- Temple-Jones hard at work keeping Blitzboks in tip-top shape
- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
Louw shines in US meet
- Updated: May 17, 2010
South African freestyle sprinter Gideon Louw led home a field that included Americans Ryan Lochte and Peter Vanderkaay in winning the 100m at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet.
Swimming in the colours of Auburn University, Louw was out in 23.81sec and back in 26.38 for a 50.09 victory. Second was shared by Lochte, the 200m back winner earlier in the seassion, and 1,500m winner Peter Vanderkaay, in a dead-heat on 50.29.┬á
The meet saw the return to long-course action in 2010 of Olymopic hero Michael Phelps. He produced a 1min 58.35sec victory in the 200m medley at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center.