- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Izak leads SA charge
- Updated: May 6, 2010
South Africa’s leading men’s singles player, Izak van der Merwe, is first up in tomorrow’s Davis Cup tie against Finland in Pretoria, following the draw conducted today.
The South African has the ideal opportunity to get the hosts off to a flying start in this important Euro/Africa Group 1 tie.
The full draw is :
Friday (10am): 1 Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v 2 Harri Heliovaara (FIN)
Followed by: 2 Rik De Voest (RSA) v 1 Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Saturday (12 noon): Rik De Voest and Wesley Moodie (RSA) v Harri Heliovaara and Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Sunday (10am): 1 Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v 1 Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Followed by: 2 Rik De Voest (RSA) v 2 Harri Heliovaara (FIN)
Both teams may change the players of the nominated team until one hour before the scheduled start of the doubles, until one hour before the scheduled start of the third singles match (not previously having played singles) and until 10 minutes after the completion of the third singles match for the fourth singles match (not previously having played singles).
Tickets for the tie are available at Groenkloof stadium. Friday ÔÇô R50, Saturday – R40 and Sunday ÔÇô R50.
Information courtesy BLD Communications