- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Izak leads SA charge
- Updated: May 6, 2010
South Africa’s leading men’s singles player, Izak van der Merwe, is first up in tomorrow’s Davis Cup tie against Finland in Pretoria, following the draw conducted today.
The South African has the ideal opportunity to get the hosts off to a flying start in this important Euro/Africa Group 1 tie.
The full draw is :
Friday (10am): 1 Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v 2 Harri Heliovaara (FIN)
Followed by: 2 Rik De Voest (RSA) v 1 Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Saturday (12 noon): Rik De Voest and Wesley Moodie (RSA) v Harri Heliovaara and Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Sunday (10am): 1 Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v 1 Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Followed by: 2 Rik De Voest (RSA) v 2 Harri Heliovaara (FIN)
Both teams may change the players of the nominated team until one hour before the scheduled start of the doubles, until one hour before the scheduled start of the third singles match (not previously having played singles) and until 10 minutes after the completion of the third singles match for the fourth singles match (not previously having played singles).
Tickets for the tie are available at Groenkloof stadium. Friday ÔÇô R50, Saturday – R40 and Sunday ÔÇô R50.
Information courtesy BLD Communications