- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
Tennis calls for fans’ support
- Updated: May 4, 2010
From Thursday at 9am, tickets for this weekend’s Euro/Africa Zone Group 1 Davis Cup tie between South Africa and Finland will only┬ábe on sale at Groenkloof Tennis Stadium in Pretoria where the event will be played.
The tie will begin on Friday with two single matches, with the doubles rubber on Saturday and the two reverse singles on Sunday. All matches are played over the best of five sets until the tie is settled.
Tickets prices are R50 for Friday, R40 for Saturday and R50 for Sunday. Anybody who is unable to get to the stadium to book tickets can do so over the phone on 079 200 1702. Ticket can be collected and paid for at the stadium. (no credit card facilities available at Groenkloof).
“We need the support of all the tennis fans in this very important tie,” said SA Tennis Association CEO Ian Smith. “John-Laffnie de Jager and his team have a tough battle on their hands against a Finnish team led by Jarkko Nieminen and it will be a great help for them to play in front of a full stadium.”
The South African team is Rik de Voest, Izak van der Merwe, Wesley Moodie and Raven Klaasen.