- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Dirtopia celebrates 10th birthday in Greyton
- Updated: April 29, 2010
The action-packed Dirtopia Mountain Bike Festival turns 10 in April!┬á In celebration, mountain bike enthusiasts, leisure cyclists and spectators of all ages can look forward to a jam-packed weekend of fun and action running from Friday, 30 April till Sunday, 2 May at the Tarentaalkraal Campsite, just outside Greyton.
The Dirtopia Mountain Bike Festival is a family event and offers an array of activities including a skills clinic, dirt jumping, fun rides, downhill, hillclimb, a spectacular night ride, night dual and the much anticipated bicycle polo tournament.
Youngsters can experience the nail-biting excitement of mountain-biking at its best! Junior cycling enthusiasts can tackle the kiddies tracks and team up with their parents for the Kids Adventure Race on Sunday at 11.30am.┬á This exciting race will be made up of a cycle, run and tube leg.
Don’t miss Hannele Steyn Kotze’s mountain bike workshop on Friday, 30 April 2010 at 2pm.┬á The cost is R250 per person and is open to male and female riders.
Topics that will be focused on include dealing with basic technical skills, bicycle maintenance, nutrition and more.┬á Feel free to ask this South African mountain bike legend as many questions as possible, just remember to bring your gear i.e. bike, helmet, gloves, water-bottle etc and a notebook.
Runners are also invited to join in the fun by taking on the Tsiba Education Trail Run presented by New Balance on Sunday.┬á The race will start at 10.30am and the entry fee is R50 per entrant. Proceeds will go to the Tsiba Education Fund.
All activities will start and finish from the Festival Village.┬á Although pre-entries have closed, late entries will still be accepted at registration for all events and you can just arrive to camp.
For more information or a full weekend event schedule visit www.dirtopia.co.za, email [email protected] or call the Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884 ÔÇô 4752.