- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Title No13 for Ramon
- Updated: April 25, 2010
Beijing Olympians Ramon di Clemente and Shaun Keeling won the men’s pairs final at the national rowing championshps at Roodeplaat Dam at the weekend .
National coach Roger Barrow said: “They rowed the heat this morning which they won comfortably from their team mates Lawrence Brittain and John Smith, posting the fastest time.
“In the final they lead comfortably by the halfway point, they were able to move on with the pressure off.
“At the end the rest of the field came back at them, but still remained in front controlling the race.
“In second and third place were the two lightweight pairs of James Thompson and Lawrence Ndlovu, and Matthew Brittain and Andrew Polasek who make up the lightweight four. John Smith and Lawrence Brittain were a close fourth.”
The latest win means that it was an incredible 13th title for Di Clemente in this event and Keeling’s third.