- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Title No13 for Ramon
- Updated: April 25, 2010
Beijing Olympians Ramon di Clemente and Shaun Keeling won the men’s pairs final at the national rowing championshps at Roodeplaat Dam at the weekend .
National coach Roger Barrow said: “They rowed the heat this morning which they won comfortably from their team mates Lawrence Brittain and John Smith, posting the fastest time.
“In the final they lead comfortably by the halfway point, they were able to move on with the pressure off.
“At the end the rest of the field came back at them, but still remained in front controlling the race.
“In second and third place were the two lightweight pairs of James Thompson and Lawrence Ndlovu, and Matthew Brittain and Andrew Polasek who make up the lightweight four. John Smith and Lawrence Brittain were a close fourth.”
The latest win means that it was an incredible 13th title for Di Clemente in this event and Keeling’s third.