- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Title No13 for Ramon
- Updated: April 25, 2010
Beijing Olympians Ramon di Clemente and Shaun Keeling won the men’s pairs final at the national rowing championshps at Roodeplaat Dam at the weekend .
National coach Roger Barrow said: “They rowed the heat this morning which they won comfortably from their team mates Lawrence Brittain and John Smith, posting the fastest time.
“In the final they lead comfortably by the halfway point, they were able to move on with the pressure off.
“At the end the rest of the field came back at them, but still remained in front controlling the race.
“In second and third place were the two lightweight pairs of James Thompson and Lawrence Ndlovu, and Matthew Brittain and Andrew Polasek who make up the lightweight four. John Smith and Lawrence Brittain were a close fourth.”
The latest win means that it was an incredible 13th title for Di Clemente in this event and Keeling’s third.