- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Two WP sides in final
- Updated: April 11, 2010
It will be an all Western Province women’s affair in the final day of the Telkom SA National Water Polo Championships on Sunday, following Saturday’s women’s semi-finals.
Western Province B made the final cut in a true nail-biter match where they won 6-5 against Border A, while the Western Province A team saw Central Gauteng out with an 8-5 victory. The two teams will face each other in the ladies final Sunday at the Kings Park Aquatics Centre.
Defending champions, CGA OJ Eagles, will be battling for the men’s title again as they face a strong WesternProvince team in what promises to be a highly entertaining final.
Western Province came out top of the log following a 12-1 win over Border. On the same points but with a lower goal difference was OJ Eagles, who completed their final group match on the tournament with a 12-2 victory over the Central Gauteng A team.
ÔÇ£Western Province are always a tough side to beat and we are ready for the challenge, we are well prepared for the final tomorrow and look forward to facing a great opponent,ÔÇØ said Eagles’ coach Vladimir Trninc.
In the Men’s Section B, Western Province B continued their unbeaten streak to make the B final, with KZN B joining them as they finished second on the log scoring an impressive 17-6 win over Central Gauteng B.