- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Exhilirating new event for cyclists
- Updated: March 29, 2010
Outdoor enthusiasts now have more reasons to look forward to Easter Weekend, other than over-indulging in chocolate.┬á The Table View Triple makes its debut at Contermanskloof, Cape Town from 3-4 April.
Riders can participate in testing cross-country fun rides, an exciting all-mountain race as well as adrenaline pumping downhill racing.┬á The cross-country fun rides offer diverse mountain bike elements and will appeal to trailriding enthusiasts.
The course is just over 14 kilometres and riders will need to contend with flowing single track with some climbs.┬á This event is not recommended for novices or small children.┬áThe all-mountain race features contour single track, which is mostly downhill with minimum up-hill and flat sections in between.
Long-travel cross-country bikes will thrive in this race and event organisers actually expect a fit cross-country rider to win in a time of 18-20 minutes.
This event promises great fun both for competitors and spectators.┬á The downhill race is for experienced riders only and the course will consist of the steepest gradient with two rock gardens, one contour jump and one serious drop-off.┬áThis exhilarating event will definitely be a spectator highlight.
All routes are extremely scenic with a 360╦Ü panoramic view of the Cape.┬áThe single track stretching just over eight kilometres was designed by Meurant Botha of Dirtopia and built by his experienced team of trail-workers.
Family and friends are invited to join in the action by showing support on the day.┬áMouth-watering refreshments will be on sale.
For more information on the Table View Triple call the Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884-4752 or email [email protected] or visit www.dirtopia.co.za.